Apple in x86....

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

kaziorvb2
Student Driver

Apple in x86....

Post by kaziorvb2 »

Hmm... Apple in x86.... It sounds bad... I love macintoshes that they are - PowerPC and 68k processors NOT x86!!! Fuck Intel, PCs and other SHIT! But If this nightmare will be real - will the emulation of PPC be faster? I think not because of still-not-native emulation... But I think wrong - please correct me. I think the Mac OS X is much worther than prev versions - 9, 8, 7. My fav is 9. Will I can run 9 on the Intel-based Mac?

Eh... Apple was really alternative of PC-crap, but it is going to be the same shit. Mac OS X... it is really like Windows. The difference betweet Mac and PC is getting smaller and smaller... :S

I can only hope that I will can fast emulate or run pre-x mac oses ;]

But it is paranoic:

Switch Mac OS / Windows on PC :[

Sorry for fucks, shits, craps etc.

End of: "Think Different"
Begin of: "Think The Same" :(
Kakaze
Tinkerer

Post by Kakaze »

It doesn't matter what chips or other hardware the computer uses. OS X is Macintosh, and OS X isn't going to change just because it's running on a new processor. Macs will be Macs no matter what, just now they'll be more competitive because they'll have processors that are being actively researched and updated, unlike the PowerPC processors which IBM seemed content to just let sit in a drawer only to bring it out every so often to add a few hundred MHz to to keep everyone happy.

If you're going to give up on Macintosh just because they're running on a new processor then you're an idiot.
kaziorvb2
Student Driver

not an idiot

Post by kaziorvb2 »

i will use new macs - but these mac will not be the same macs that were before...

mac os x is crap
Kakaze
Tinkerer

Post by Kakaze »

I don't care if I get in trouble for this, but someone has to say it: You're a complete fuckwit.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

OK People, let's stick to civilized language here, OK?

Cat_7
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

8O :lol:

Why is this in the SheepShaver folder anyway? Wait for the drugs to wear off before posting please. :P
MacOSX
Tinkerer

Post by MacOSX »

Mac Emu wrote:8O :lol:

Why is this in the SheepShaver folder anyway? Wait for the drugs to wear off before posting please. :P
LOL :lol:
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

> I love macintoshes that they are - PowerPC and 68k processors NOT x86!!! Fuck Intel, PCs and other SHIT!

wow man, now that shit sounds kinda dumb. if you're such a macmaniac, you surely remember all the issues apple had in order to get provided enough IBM CPU's? and remember how long IBM CPU's stay stucked at 450 MHz? And then, why you care if a mac has a x86 or a PowerPC? the CPU aint shit, the hardware still remains Apple, and the OS too. and no Mac OS 9 will not run on x86 macs, and least not without some emulation because it is not compiled for x86....

> Mac OS X... it is really like Windows

damn man, you like sayin dumb things, dont you?
PPC_Digger
Forum All-Star

Post by PPC_Digger »

CFran2 wrote:and no Mac OS 9 will not run on x86 macs, and least not without some emulation because it is not compiled for x86....
That's something we didn't think about... What will happen to Classic on the MacIntel? Will it run as somekind of emulation environment? Or will they write some OS9/Intel that could run on the Classic environment of the Mactel?
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

Apple have said there will be no support for Classic on the Intel platform. I posted this in another thread. We'll just have to use Sheepshaver :wink:
kaziorvb2
Student Driver

hmm

Post by kaziorvb2 »

but will the emulation of macos classic be faster?
gb
Real Swell Guy!

Post by gb »

SheepShaver performance is expected to be the same accross different OSes on the same system (except for Windows).

Besides, if Apple is willing to disclose some implementation details of the obsolete MacOS Classic NanoKernel, then some stuff can be made faster and more compatible.
Marc
Master Emulator

Post by Marc »

gb wrote:SheepShaver performance is expected to be the same accross different OSes on the same system (except for Windows).

Besides, if Apple is willing to disclose some implementation details of the obsolete MacOS Classic NanoKernel, then some stuff can be made faster and more compatible.
We can live in hope!
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Re: hmm

Post by CFran2 »

kaziorvb2 wrote:but will the emulation of macos classic be faster?
no, why would it? having a x86, it will take it the same task to get to emulate mac os classic, i mean emulating a whole PowerPC machine
DittoBox
Tinkerer

Post by DittoBox »

All hardware sucks, all software sucks.
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

DittoBox wrote:All hardware sucks, all software sucks.
nooooo, not all, only the ones with bugs suck ;)
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

Mac OS X... it is really like Windows
I partially aggree with that.
End of: "Think Different"
Begin of: "Think The Same"
True.