How to use DMG2ISO ???

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

emilottarriise
Space Cadet

How to use DMG2ISO ???

Post by emilottarriise »

I dl'ed the DMG2ISO files...

THen im starting up my DMg2ISO Shell..

THen i shall locate my DMG file...When i done that ...

I should locate an iso file but what iso fgile i dont really understand wich ISO file i should choose...

ANd when i just pick an iso file with some data in it, it just says that the property list is corrupted what shall i do????

Please help me!!!!
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

haha, what your getting for this? a ban?
DittoBox
Tinkerer

Post by DittoBox »

This will help immensely.

On a more serious note, if you really want use that DMG file read on.

I'm going to impart this information in the assumption you're not using a pirated or in anyway illegally obtained copy of whatever software or files are in that DMG file. (Even though I know you're BSing and have a totally l33t and cracked up copy of Tiger, I'm going to disclose this for anyone who is in a bind and needs this info for legal purposes).

You can just use nero to burn the image. Nero burns any image type to CD, regardless of contents. It'll even burn pure garbage (so long as said garbage is written with proper cylinder size and such). It just has to be tricked into doing so, which isn't hard.

When it asks for an image, just type "*.*" in the file box and load your image. Everything should go smooth from there. Most other burning apps make sure the image is ISO9660, Nero doesn't.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

After unsuccessfully converting XCode Tools 2.1 from dmg to ISO using the various frontends to dmg2iso (and command line), I'm going to try burning it in Nero instead.

Quick question: In the Foreign Image Settings dialog, do I choose a different Data Mode or burn it as Raw data?

I've used HFS data mode in the past to burn Basilisk II HDFs to CD.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Nevermind. After searching several forums for a solution, I ended up using Basilisk II to Stuff the 751 MB dmg file down to a 206 MB sit file.

dmg2iso wasn't showing any partitions on the dmg resulting in a 0 KB file.

ISOBuster (trial) converted the dmg to a bin file that Nero reported contained 750 MB of files (too small for my CDR).

This 751 MB file was begging to finally be taken of my hard drive to free up some space for hard drive file(s). :wink: