You know the sad thing about sheepshaver is....

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

kikkoman
Master Emulator

You know the sad thing about sheepshaver is....

Post by kikkoman »

Ever since I got my new Vista PC @ 2.13 GHz (Core2Duo), SheepShaver runs OS 8.6 faster than my 480MHz Power Mac 6100/G3..... LOL. I use SheepShaver for the bulk of my Photoshop 6.x work now.... it's GREAT....... except for the times when I need use of the Option key..... I really, REALLY wish there was a way to disable the Windows key on Vista/XP while running SheepShaver.

Is there anybody actively working on this issue (at least)?
Binder
Tinkerer

Post by Binder »

The windows start menu poping up those get in the way, but I am glad that the function of the option key works fine. How stable is sheepshaver running for you on Vista compared to Windows XP? I am running on Windows XP and have noticed some problems. After certain amounts of time I loose mouse and keybord input, no way to save your work and restart. Also if I leave sheapshaver open for a few hours and come back to it, it usually crashes...
kikkoman
Master Emulator

Post by kikkoman »

It's essentially the same experience compared to old WinXP. Even if you use SheepShaver in Vista, those "loss-of-input" bugs still exist. I go away for half an hour with SS running either in the foreground (OR background ).......... and when I come back, it refuses me to input any commands, be it the keyboard or the mouse.... nothing works and then i have to force-quit the damn thing....... "CTRL-SHIFT-ESC" now, however.... lol. :roll: