More ideas for SheepShaver for multi-button mice....

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

kikkoman
Master Emulator

More ideas for SheepShaver for multi-button mice....

Post by kikkoman »

Okay... I happen to use a mouse that has like 6-7 buttons and most of those buttons don't work right under SheepShaver, except for the standard Left-click and Right-click buttons........... and maybe the scroll-wheel.

(i'm on Windows XP/Vista)

So I have a bunch of buttons that are completely useless in the emulated Mac OS.

What I was thinking was maybe somebody could find a way to have SheepShaver recognize an "Option-CLICK" using at least one of the normally unused mouse buttons. Perhaps there could be a way to program SheepShaver to recognize the "MouseWheel-click" (or Middle-mouse button) as the "Option-Click". I mean, if the Right-Click on the Windows mouse is already recognized as the CTRL-Click on the Mac OS, then this should be a great addition.
boyanml
Inquisitive Elf

Re: More ideas for SheepShaver for multi-button mice....

Post by boyanml »

kikkoman wrote:Perhaps there could be a way to program SheepShaver to recognize the "MouseWheel-click" (or Middle-mouse button) as the "Option-Click".
Maybe it's not a good idea, because with every "Option-click" you will go to the Windows desktop first. If there was a way to lock the Win key in SheepShaver...
jrethorst
Tinkerer

Post by jrethorst »

Some versions of the free Kensington Mouseworks didn't require a Kensington mouse, and would program all the buttons you wanted. I don't know if this is still floating around for download.