I can't copy files into basilisk II

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

morrisonpeter

I can't copy files into basilisk II

Post by morrisonpeter »

Hi, when I try to download files off the internet in windows XP to run in Basilisk II, they show up as documents with no application associated to them :?: :?: :?: Make sense to anyone :? Here is an example. When I want to run Internet Explorer on Basalisk, I download ie401.sit in Windows XP. Then I copy it to my macintosh disk image with hdexp131 using the automatic function. Then I boot up Mac OS 8. But when I try to Un stuff the file in OS 8, the file wont open... I have stuffit expander 4.5 installed and working on OS 8. So I am guessing the problem is with hdexp131. Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong? My email address is morrisonpeter@hotmail.com. Thanks!
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Stuffit Exapnder

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

You need to install Stuffit Expander 5.5.

If you download my installer of Basilisk II: Black Hammer, it will come with a HFV disk that has that on it plus a few other apps.

4.5 of Expander wasn't so great and had issues with many files. 5.5 will correct that.