..And here are MY Mini vMac builds!

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

macgeek41796
Tinkerer

..And here are MY Mini vMac builds!

Post by macgeek41796 »

Linky:

http://www.emaculation.com/minivmac/Min ... 0Alpha.zip

Contains:
All possible models except PB100 with all posible memory sizes (PB100 gets compile errors):
- Win32 Binaries (Windows)
- Mac OS X Binaries (Universal):

All ROMs except Mac II (Substitutes IIx) and PB100: (Not in above link, see below)
- 128k/512k (64Kb)
- Plus (128Kb)
- SE (256Kb)
- IIx (256Kb)
- SEFDHD (256Kb)
- Classic (512Kb)

Mini vMac Source Code Disk Images:
- 3.10 Alpha

Compiling every varriation for OSX PPC and Intel then manualy "lipo -create Path2PPC Path2Intel -output Path2PPC" ing them takes a while :P

The files are ~3.8MB & ~1.0MB

Beat THAT!

EDIT #1:
Oops. Forgot to tell ya:
Its version 3.10 Alpha

EDIT #2:
By request of ClockWise, I am going to repackage this so the ROMs and Binaries are packaged in differant ZIPs.

EDIT #3:
Repackaged and uploaded!

EDIT #4:
Oops. Forgot to change the link.

EDIT #5:
If you want the ROMs, you can find them with a little bit of searching through http://macgeek417.uni.cc
Last edited by macgeek41796 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Our tradition here is to avoid linking directly to ROM files. That's the same thing done on the official Mini vMac page.

Apple doesn't care, but that's just how we've done it. After ten years, it's tough to change.

Any chance you could link to a version of that file containing only the builds? We can point people to ROM files in a roundabout way.

I'm very excited to see your builds because we don't get a lot of OS X builds of Mini vMac and I want to host that file locally. But the ROMs.........
macgeek41796
Tinkerer

Post by macgeek41796 »

You mean like putting up one file named "Mini vMac All Varriations 3.10 Alpha Minus ROMs.zip" and another named "Mini vMac ROMs.zip" and puting them in a directory named "Mini vMac 3.10 Alpha" and linking to said directory?

I'll do that

EDIT:
Done.
macgeek41796
Tinkerer

Post by macgeek41796 »

ClockWise wrote:I'm very excited to see your builds because we don't get a lot of OS X builds of Mini vMac and I want to host that file locally. But the ROMs.........
If you do host it locally, could you point to the directory as well? That way, those who want the ROMs could find them as well.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

macgeek41796 wrote:You mean like putting up one file named "Mini vMac All Varriations 3.10 Alpha Minus ROMs.zip" and another named "Mini vMac ROMs.zip" and puting them in a directory named "Mini vMac 3.10 Alpha" and linking to said directory?
I think ClockWise means to not openly offer ROM files for download in these forums. Distributing ROM files is still illegal, although Apple seems to have stopped taking action against it. We do sometimes suggest search terms that will find ROM files on other sites or even silently include a file in an occasional download, but we do not normally offer ROM files for download on this site.
macgeek41796
Tinkerer

Post by macgeek41796 »

Aaah... but this way, there is no direct link to Mini vMac ROMs.zip.

:D
macgeek41796
Tinkerer

Post by macgeek41796 »

Oooh... Yaay! Its not up-to-date anymore! Now I get to recompile all varriations... :(
macgeek41796
Tinkerer

Post by macgeek41796 »

Paul C. Pratt wrote:June 28, 2009

There is now a Mini vMac 3.1.1 alpha. The Mini vMac Variations service has been updated to use the new version. The new version corrects some minor problems found in the previous alpha.

I've removed a warning message about "read verify" mode that I recently put in to see whether this mode is used. It turns out that it is, such as when using the Finder to copy files to an 800K disk. So sometime I should implement this mode correctly in the replacement disk driver used by Mini vMac. For now it just continues to treat it as a normal read, which isn't correct, but doesn't cause problems.

The Windows call SHGetSpecialFolderPath doesn't seem to be supported in some development environments, so I've made Mini vMac dynamically load the routine instead. Mini vMac is using this routine to support finding ROM images from a central location, and to support activation of Mini vMac Variations.

As reported by "macgeek417", the "-m pb100" option wouldn't compile. It will now compile, but still not do much. Making sure it compiles may help prevent bit rot until I get back to Powerbook 100 emulation.

The "-min-ext" option also wouldn't compile. I've fixed this, so Mini vMac Variation number 157 is now available.

The build system will now work properly from a locked disk when exporting an archive, if there is an output folder preference. (The archive is placed in the output folder, rather than in the folder containing the application.)

The build system can now resolve aliases of folders, such as the output preference folder. So the output can be directed anywhere, such as to another disk.

I previously incorrectly documented the output preference folder. The build system looks for "System Folder:Preferences:Gryphel:Build:output", not "System Folder:Preferences:Gryphel:output".

The build system can now handle multiple sets of options at once, separated by ";". I use this in the process of compiling the set of Mini vMac Variations. To allow this to work, the build system no longer replaces the entire output folder on each run, but just replaces folders within the output folder.

I've removed the "-pk" option of the build system to restrict the program to a more manageable scope. And anyway I find it more convenient to handle post processing in external scripts.

The build system now has an "-an" option, for changing the programs abbreviated name, from the default "minivmac". So the Mini vMac variations are compiled with say "-an mnvm0001", instead of "-n mnvm0001-3.1.0-umch". The abbreviated name must be 8 characters or less, and should only include lowercase letters, numbers, and underscores.

The Mini vMac Variations that require an activation code now have a new command: Control-P. This copies a string to the clipboard of the real computer that contains version information and an encoding of the activation code. This could be used for a scheme to allow people to "register" the variations they use, and in effect allow them to vote for what variations they think are important.