About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

mixmaster1190
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mixmaster1190 »

I just finished Getting system 7.5.3 on basilisk ii, and I installed a web browser.
I have followed the instructions here but I still can't connect. I get an error message.(Network error #-23045) I have a wireless connection with a password. How would I connect?
Last edited by mixmaster1190 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Forget about what you've already done and instead try the SLIRP method:

http://emaculation.com/doku.php/sheepsh ... line_guide

Should be much easier.

The instructions use images of SheepShaver, but are identical in Basilisk II.
mixmaster1190
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mixmaster1190 »

Thanks Clockwise, but still no good. Same error. updated to 7.5.5 still no luck
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Basilisk network piggybacks on your windows network, so if networking works in windows, you should be able to get it running in Basilisk

Lets run through your settings:
-You have selected "slirp" as network protocol in the GUI.
-You have used the Network selector in OS 7.5 to select Open Transport for networking
-You have restarted
-You went to the TCP/IP control panel and selected Connect via: "Ethernet" and Configure: "Using DHCP Server"
-You click Edit/User Mode, Choose Advanced. Then click Options in the TCP/IP panel, and deselect "load only when needed". Save all settings.

Restart Basilisk. Please report back what it says in the TCP/IP control panel at IP address etc..

Best,
Cat_7
mixmaster1190
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mixmaster1190 »

Cat_7 wrote:Hi,

Basilisk network piggybacks on your windows network, so if networking works in windows, you should be able to get it running in Basilisk

Lets run through your settings:
-You have selected "slirp" as network protocol in the GUI.
-You have used the Network selector in OS 7.5 to select Open Transport for networking
-You have restarted
-You went to the TCP/IP control panel and selected Connect via: "Ethernet" and Configure: "Using DHCP Server"
-You click Edit/User Mode, Choose Advanced. Then click Options in the TCP/IP panel, and deselect "load only when needed". Save all settings.

Restart Basilisk. Please report back what it says in the TCP/IP control panel at IP address etc..

Best,
Cat_7
I don't have network selector in my OS 7.5.5. Also, when I upgraded I lost tcp/ip control panel.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

mixmaster1190 wrote:I don't have network selector in my OS 7.5.5. Also, when I upgraded I lost tcp/ip control panel.
Did you have the TCP/IP control panel in 7.5.3? With a default installation, you will usually have in 7.5.3 The "Network" control panel and the "MacTCP" control panel. When the Network Software selector (installed in the Apple Extras folder) is used to switch from "classic networking" to "Open Transport Networking" and after the subsequent restart, those two control panels will be removed and will be replace by the "AppleTalk" and "TCP/IP" control panels. If classic networking was still enabled when you updated to 7.5.5, the "Network" and "MacTCP" control panels should still be there as should be the Network Software selector. If Open Transport Networkimg was enabled, you should have the "AppleTalk" and "TCP/IP' control panels and Network Software Selector may not be available anymore after the update.
mixmaster1190
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mixmaster1190 »

Ronald P. Regensburg wrote:
mixmaster1190 wrote:I don't have network selector in my OS 7.5.5. Also, when I upgraded I lost tcp/ip control panel.
Did you have the TCP/IP control panel in 7.5.3? With a default installation, you will usually have in 7.5.3 The "Network" control panel and the "MacTCP" control panel. When the Network Software selector (installed in the Apple Extras folder) is used to switch from "classic networking" to "Open Transport Networking" and after the subsequent restart, those two control panels will be removed and will be replace by the "AppleTalk" and "TCP/IP" control panels. If classic networking was still enabled when you updated to 7.5.5, the "Network" and "MacTCP" control panels should still be there as should be the Network Software selector. If Open Transport Networkimg was enabled, you should have the "AppleTalk" and "TCP/IP' control panels and Network Software Selector may not be available anymore after the update.
I did have it in 7.5.3. But the upgrade deleted 7.5.3. I have hvexplorer, so i can make a new 7.5.3 disk and use that if I have no other options. I also have a wep key on my router.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Yes,

Best to start all over again with a clean 7.5.3 install. Use the steps I described above.
And forget about your Windows networking/WEP key. If it works, leave it alone. You emulated mac will just use the connection.

Best,
Cat_7
mixmaster1190
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mixmaster1190 »

Cat_7 wrote:Yes,

Best to start all over again with a clean 7.5.3 install. Use the steps I described above.
And forget about your Windows networking/WEP key. If it works, leave it alone. You emulated mac will just use the connection.

Best,
Cat_7
I tried it and it freezes basilisk ii and i have to end it in task manager.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Yes,

Just try a few times. If there is network traffic on your machine, Basilisk might crash. So try a few times to find a "slot" where there is no traffic.

Best,
Cat_7
mixmaster1190
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mixmaster1190 »

Thank you cat_7. I kept rebooting over and over and eventually it worked.
P.S. iCab is REALLY slow loading pictures. Mabye I should get a different browser...
Silent Flamer
Master Emulator

Post by Silent Flamer »

Just use your own network settings . It worked for me! The Mac will use your own internet connection .