Cant get things flying.....

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

VIPER1683d

Cant get things flying.....

Post by VIPER1683d »

Hey, I just grabbed basilisk again (win) and Im having a problem.

Every time I start up basilisk, I heard the doooooooo sound, and it s that gray screen. The type of gray that is added like when you shut down in windows, like a really small checkerboard. It just sits there, doing nothing.

Please help me out.. I have 8.0 installed on my hfv file.

Also, another question... I have two roms, wondering which is superior.

LC/Quadra/Performa 630
or
Mac LC III
someone

Post by someone »

It happened to me too. What i did is leave it on overnight. When i woke up, macos had booted.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Hold down the shift key.

Attach your BasiliskII_prefs file too.
VIPER1683d

hmm

Post by VIPER1683d »

Holding shift made it work like a dream.... I had gotten it to the startup creen before, but it hung at about 10%. shift gets it the rest of the way through, what about my rom question?

Also, hen starting up EV... it says and error has ocured while trying to open the monitor tool. please help me out here.
Jotu
Student Driver

Post by Jotu »

Holding shift is nice but it boots with extensions off so a lot of your programs may not run,

As for the monitor tool Q in B2GUI you have to set your screen to i think 800x600 256 colors

Hope this helps,
-Jotu
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

The ROMs are equivalent. Only Quadra 700\900 ROMs are inferior in the 1 MB group.

It sounds like you have an extension conflict. If it exists in your Extensions folder, delete the file called "A\ROSE". If it doesn't exist, you have the fun task of moving all files out of the extensions folder into a temp folder, seeing if it boots up, add an extension, see if it boots up, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. ...

To play most games under Basilisk II, you need to run Basilisk II at 256 colors:

Either full screen DirectX at 256 colors (recommended) or
Windows GDI in a window at 256 colors or
Set Windows itself to 256 colors and run Basilisk II at 256 colors using DirectX in a Window