Making a website in basiliskII

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Stephen Coates
Expert User

Making a website in basiliskII

Post by Stephen Coates »

I am trying to make a website using a programme called freeway, in basiliskII, but it almost always crashes,

does anyone know why?
MaxFrames

Post by MaxFrames »

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I'm curious about why you want to edit HTML pages in Basilisk. Are you developing a web site that must be displayed correctly by 68k Macs with old versions of Netscape and/or IE, and you want to check the pages' appearance in real time, or is there another reason for it?
Btw, you could just use a text editor if nothing else works and you don't care about the WYSIWYG stuff.
Off-topic note: Basilisk II is helping me a lot at work; there are some tasks that are best done with a Mac and Basilisk does the job flawlessly as it was the real thing. Impressive.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

The website will be used on all different types of computers, not just 68k macs.

I just want to create it on a mac because i have created all my other sites on windows.
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

There are several versions of Freeway, some are PPC only.

Freeway isn't that great based on what I saw of the last version. It creates JPEG/GIF files for all your text meaning you can't highlight text on the site.

Has it changed much?
Stephen Coates
Expert User

Post by Stephen Coates »

The one which my friend gave me, has a PPC only version, a 68k only version and a universal version, I installed the universal version.