Puppy Arcade - An emulator-focused GNU+Linux with Mac Emu

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Ambassador
Apple Corer

Puppy Arcade - An emulator-focused GNU+Linux with Mac Emu

Post by Ambassador »

I should mention that Puppy Arcade, a Puppy GNU+Linux derivative built around arcade, game console and computer emulators, includes Basilisk II, Sheepshaver, and MinivMac. I had suggested the developer include these great Mac Emulators in his distro, and he followed through with recent releases. :o

I will use this thread to post updates to this distro. After all, by utilizing the Mac emulators, the developer has become a honorary member of the Emaculation community. :)

Puppy Arcade 10
Link
- Basilisk II 0.9.20070407-2
- MinivMac 3.1.3
- Sheepshaver 2.3-0.20060514.1 (i586)/2.313 (i386)

*DISCLAIMER: Other than being a member of the Murga Linux Puppy forum, I am not affiliated with development of Puppy Arcade.
Last edited by Ambassador on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I like it!

I will include a note about it in the wiki!
macdro
Tinkerer

Post by macdro »

Q is the only way to run Puppy and its derivatives on Apple hardware right? This sounds like a cool project and I want to try it but I doubt the games will perform well in a VM for the OSX users.
Ambassador
Apple Corer

Post by Ambassador »

Q is the only way to run Puppy and its derivatives on Apple hardware right? This sounds like a cool project and I want to try it but I doubt the games will perform well in a VM for the OSX users.
You mean PowerPC Apple PCs? You can run Puppy on an Intel-based Apple PC.
macdro
Tinkerer

Post by macdro »

Oh cool. I couldn't find any documentation, could you link* to an install guide?
Last edited by macdro on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

The PuppyArcade download is a live cd. You can burn it and start your machine with it. Then evaluate whether you would want to install it to a partition on your Mac (using Bootcamp?). You can also run it in e.g., Parallels or VirtualBox. For starters, I did that.

Best,
Cat_7
macdro
Tinkerer

Post by macdro »

Ah okay, thanks. I thought there may have been other steps that are machine specific, like with Debian installs.