req HowTo

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Arno

req HowTo

Post by Arno »

Hi again

is there an HowTo for noops like i?
untill i start from CD everything worx fine but starting from CD, after Bootscreen of Mac, SS freezes and do nothing.

Suse 9.0 on VMWare 4 trying whit OS 8.0

cu Arno

Post by Guest »

I think there is no howto but you might take a look at this post:
http://www.emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=841
which makes me happy that there isnt one with people who have attitudes like that. It is probably just a coincidence that the poster used your nickname. I always find it really odd how people expect something for nothing like yesterday and get their knickers in a twist.
Arno

again...

Post by Arno »

..thx for answer and telling me what do u think about my postings.
the reason i provoke is simple.
I work many years as a dev too but on windows mac and databases.
for me tux is a nice place to be but totaly nomansland. so what i know about is how to worx whit an grafical frontend like kde are.
so anyway i was learn a bit about was reading about but what i also determined was the ignorance of people who knows about tuxthings otheri don't.

there are really no diference between comercialJob and opensourceJob
people are mostly still the same.
the makes me annoying because if people ask things i know about, i would give answer sure ans of course if i would have a forum like this.

...have a nice day
cu Arno

Post by Guest »

..thx for answer and telling me what do u think about my postings.
the reason i provoke is simple.
I work many years as a dev too but on windows mac and databases.
No, the reason you 'provoke' is that you think you are a special case. Working as a dev has obviously left you without social skills.
so anyway i was learn a bit about was reading about but what i also determined was the ignorance of people who knows about tuxthings otheri don't.
You made a post and followed it up with your immature outburst 17 hours later. Try waiting a few days or more next time. Again, you are not a special case.
there are really no diference between comercialJob and opensourceJob
people are mostly still the same.
Rubbish. Of course there is a difference. For a start there are not many people who have paid open source jobs. It is mostly a volunteer/for the love of it/requirement/community thing. People will mostly respond to requests for help because they want and are able to, not because there is a support contract in place which has been paid for. Of course people are the same. Real people with real lives with real values. Still, if you want help from me pm me and we can negotiate a price.
the makes me annoying because if people ask things i know about, i would give answer sure ans of course if i would have a forum like this.
Yes it does make you annoying. AFAIK the support in this forum has just happened. It is not official or anything.
Arno

Post by Arno »

thats why
...kiss my h....
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Perhaps you ought to 'can the VMWARE and set up a proper Linux partition.