Compatibility with OS 8.2!

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

ali88

Compatibility with OS 8.2!

Post by ali88 »

Hi!
I got Mac OS 8.6 Rom file extracted from my friend Mac OS 8.6 cd :D
But i have mac os 8.2 and i just see a gray screen and notting happend?!
I have Mac OS 8.2 and that rom is for mac os 8.6..
is this the reason of my problem?
thanks.
Stephen Coates
Expert User

beta

Post by Stephen Coates »

do you mean macos 8.2 as in that beta version?
ali88

Post by ali88 »

yes i mean mac os 8.2 beta version...
i downloaded it because mac os 8.6 has a very big size and my internet connection is very slow :(

Post by Guest »

If u see a grey screen just wait, it can take a few mins for it to start loading.
trygvebw

Post by trygvebw »

Isn't this the thing kalled WaReZZzZ??? :wink:

I also tried OS 8.2, got a bomb error...
lilmul123
Tinkerer

Post by lilmul123 »

beta 8.2? i want to check this out... where can I get the ISO for it? (it aint warez because it was never officially released and apple isnt making profit from it, as 8.1 is still bringing in amounts of money from some places if you can actually believe that!) and if u could, i had the MacOS 8.5 disc and I ran over it with my chair a few years back lol i still have the certificate of authenticity, i just need the ISO, can any1 help
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

I never saw that "because they never released it, it ain't warez" clause. Where I download warez rulz?
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

The 8.2 Beta came from my archives, and I allowed some users to download it while my public server was active.

However I would not run Beta software on SheepShaver since you are risking more than it's worth. Plus you will need to understand that any bug reports are invalid because it all very likely could be a bug Apple never fixed.

A note to people who read this, Do Not post or ask me for Mac OS 8.2 or 8.7 Betas. I will ignore those requests.
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

And if Apple's lawyers are "on to us", I'm sure they would be interested in downloading a copy from you. :twisted: