MiniUnZp

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

MiniUnZp

Post by ClockWise »

Here's a new tool from Paul Pratt that could be really useful:

http://www.gryphel.com/c/sw/archive/miniunzp/

"MiniUnZp is a simple tool for unzipping a compressed archive created by OS X, preserving some of the Macintosh specific information: the file type, the file creator, and the resource fork. "

Thoughts?
Adam P
Tinkerer

Re: MiniUnZp

Post by Adam P »

A while back, I had updated miniunz in macfceu/zlib in the form of an MPW tool to process Mac OS X resource forks (can get the offset wrong, but better than WinXP stopping with a 'file does not exist' error).  Not as good as untgz, which processes almost all AppleDouble data…  I could easily turn either into a drag & drop app for OS 7.x.

Update: testing this program, MiniUnZp— it has no SIZE resource, so it fails to even launch under the default Preferred Size of 128KB under 7.0.1 running Mini vMac.  It expects an archive with a base name of arc.zip.  Drag & drop miniunz it is…
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Wouldn't it be doable to just add a SIZE resource and set the value to 128kb? Then again, D&D works just fine....
Jorpho
Master Emulator

Post by Jorpho »

I was experimenting with duplicating this functionality in HFV Explorer a while back.
http://emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic. ... =50#p43699

It's probably more convenient to be able to do it in the emulator directly, I suppose.
Adam P
Tinkerer

Post by Adam P »

Done.  (With bug fixes.)

A drag & droppable miniunz.app, with an Options dialog (includes Password entry- not available with unregistered ZipIt) and directory destination (with ‘available volume space’ at the bottom, New Folder).  miniunz.app does all the Mac OS X file info (including labels), not just rsrc forks.  68000 compatible (OS 7.0.1+), can background (so you can do other things while ‘extracting’), prints all file information with ‘List’.

Here’s the updated link: binary/v0.8/miniunz-101ed6.sit, and the source code.