Sheepshaver for clueless dummies

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

Claire98909
Space Cadet

Sheepshaver for clueless dummies

Post by Claire98909 »

Hi, I am a clueless dummy when it comes to computer stuff. All I know is that I want to play Tomb Raider III on my 10.10.1 (Yosemite) Macbook and I found a website that allows me to download it and play it via SheepShaver. All I know about emulators is that they let you run outdated software. That's ALL I know about it. I know nothing about how to start, how to get it working, etc.

Can somebody walk me through this and explain what I need to do as though I was a five-year-old child?

All I've done so far is download SheepShaver and unzipped it to get a folder titled SheepShaver_UB_20140201. Inside the folder are "keycodes", "ReadMeFirst.txt", "Setup Manual", "Sheepshaver", and "SheepShaver scripts". Where do I go from here?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Sheepshaver for clueless dummies

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

You will need to set up SheepShaver. It is not easy and you will need additional files to make SheepShaver run at all. Start with the Setup Manual. That file links to our setup guide here: http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/she ... os_x_setup

Start studying the guide from the beginning. The only way to get SheepShaver working is to follow the guide. If you encounter something you do not understand, and you will probably encounter many things you do not understand, just ask.
Claire98909
Space Cadet

Post by Claire98909 »

I've looked at the SheepShaver setup and don't really understand much of what is written. It's like reading a foreign language. :sad:

Also, will it work on Yosemite? I've seen other posts on here saying that it doesn't work on Yosemite.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

Yes, it works under Yosemite. Just follow the guide slowly and very carefully. Print it out and check off each step as you do it.
Claire98909
Space Cadet

Post by Claire98909 »

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try and ask if I have any questions (I'm sure I will).