VERY Cool screenshot!! See This

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Monkey
Student Driver

Post by Monkey »

Mmmm, installing. Screenshot documentary located here: http://student.andover.edu/~tegeril/pearpc
rcwire
Tinkerer

Post by rcwire »

I may be thick but the binary for Darwin 7 mentions x86.

If that is the case and it supports intel as well as apple then... couldnt i just install Darwin like er linux x86 distro and still get the gui like er mac osx?

I live in hope.

I have a Dell 2400 p4 with 512mb but at present am using a compaq 2400 cel with 223 mb ram

Both are laptops.

(BTW I have 183 kps on my adsl from the darwin d/l site)
wild

Post by wild »

rcwire wrote:I may be thick but the binary for Darwin 7 mentions x86.

If that is the case and it supports intel as well as apple then... couldnt i just install Darwin like er linux x86 distro and still get the gui like er mac osx?

I live in hope.
Not a chance. The only reason you can get Darwin for x86 is because it's all based on BSD. Because of the opensource licence for BSD, Apple are making it available.

But there are a number of parts that make up Mac OS X - the Darwin/BSD layer at the bottom, then on the top you have the graphical environment, which is only available with Mac OS X on PPC.

Can Pear run mac os 9

Post by Guest »

Can pear run mac os 9?
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

not for now
Mike5555

Post by Mike5555 »

It's great thing. But under Windows XP and computer with 256 RAM, 2.6 GHZ it's not running very good. Even my mouse is freazing!
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

what do you mean its freezing do you mean you cant move it in the installation screen of mac osx if this is the problem then one of the possibility is that you might be using a skinning software like windowblinds try unloading it if this is the case
jbvo

Apple's Response...

Post by jbvo »

So uh, has anyone heard of Apple having any type of response to this?

Post by Guest »

by Xavyiy
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Post by Cybermagellan »

Merry go round
prasys
Forum All-Star

Post by prasys »

Wow , cool OSX Screenshots......I wonder if someone posts with Photoshop CS running...
asapreta
Tinkerer

Post by asapreta »

ClockWise wrote:Fark. I can't make it work. I have made an IMG with Gemulator explorer, and an ISO with a bunch of different programs.

No bootable partitions.
How did you managed to do that? In my Gemulator Explorer all my options to create an IMG are dimmed.
trygvebw
Granny Smith

Post by trygvebw »

Mike5555 wrote:It's great thing. But under Windows XP and computer with 256 RAM, 2.6 GHZ it's not running very good. Even my mouse is freazing!
Hm, working good on my AthlonXP 2000+ with 256mb ram...
LivinPromise
Space Cadet

Post by LivinPromise »

ataxy wrote:follow the pearpc doc
make a partition true darwin
reboot with mac osx13
remake your partition with the disk utility
and thats it
oh and also like jazzman said add"#" to the the nic card to blank it out in the ppccfg file
and as he said i guess you have to take out the "-v" from the verbose setting ounce you finish your installation before rebooting
also if you have the advantage of having tons of mem on you comp change the mem setting from #memory_size=0x8000000 to memory_size=0x24000000 then well i dont know what to say except be patient cuz it takes from 2:30hour to 5hour to install so dont expect to run osx as a second os soon it will surely take a bit before it runs at resonnable speed
I tried doing that but every time i run ppc it boots to just after the apple screen loads up then closes automaticly.. it only does that when i have the memory_size=0x24000000 set. Can someone help me with this?
LivinPromise
Space Cadet

Darwin Needed?

Post by LivinPromise »

Do i have to use darwin to get it to speed up a little or can i do it the way they say in the install without darwin forum.. I am very confused.. lol HELP!