I have a SDL.dll error message on install (win 10, 64 bit)

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

mraroid
Space Cadet

I have a SDL.dll error message on install (win 10, 64 bit)

Post by mraroid »

Hello..

I tried to install Basilisk II on my windows 10 64 bit computer. When I did the install, I received a error message that said I was missing a file called "sdl.dll" and the install was stopped.

I looked on the web for this dll file. I found web sites that wanted to give me this file for free, but it came with a lot of crap, so I aborted the down load. Some web sites suggested that it was problematic to grab a SDL.dll file from just any place as it could be a virus or something else bad. I can not find a trusted source for this file. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

My version of Windows 10 is up to day with all the latest security and non security updates.

Thanks in advance..

mraroid
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: I have a SDL.dll error message on install (win 10, 64 bi

Post by adespoton »

I recommend following http://emaculation.com/doku.php/basilisk_ii_setup -- if you had done so, you would have the appropriate libraries already.

But if you really want to skip to getting SDL set up, grab SDL 1.2 from sdl.org -- that's the only reputable place to get SDL other than what comes bundled with software that needs it (or what is provided on this site of course).