Share Files between SS and Windows Host

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

maclinux
Space Cadet

Share Files between SS and Windows Host

Post by maclinux »

Hello Forum,

I was wondering if there is a solution to share files between SS and the Windows Host like with BasiliskII?
In the moment I transfer the Files via Internet or download via SS/Netscape/Email.
That is not handy.

Is there a chance to use a .dsk-image from BasiliskII to copy over Files to the SS Harddisk (img)?

Regards, maclinux
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Share Files between SS and Windows Host

Post by adespoton »

In this regard, SheepShaver and Basilisk II function exactly the same.

You can use the My Computer option, or just have a disk image that can be opened in both SheepShaver and HFV Explorer.

From the SS Windows manual:
When the hard file is created, the GUI will return to the “Volumes” tab, and the hard file should be listed as added to your emulated Mac. While it is not necessary for the purposes of this guide, you can check the “Enable 'My Computer'…” box to gain access to files on your PC from within the emulator. This is an easy way to copy downloaded programs to the emulated system. See figure two.
maclinux
Space Cadet

Re: Share Files between SS and Windows Host

Post by maclinux »

Hello adespoton,

thanks for your fast answer, I created a .dsk with HFVExplorer from Basilisk II, because SS has no
GUI in the Folder. But no problem, I opened the SheepShaver_prefs and gave the entry:
disk test.dsk under the SS-HD-image (.img) and it worked.

So everthing is fine.

Regards, maclinux