Multidisk game problem

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

motogen
Student Driver

Multidisk game problem

Post by motogen »

Hello guys! I've got a problem while playing a multidisk game. The game automatically swapping from disk1 to disk2 but somehow disk1 disappears from desktop so I can't return to it in the game. I can solve this problem with "disk first aid" utility but only after quitting game and losing my game state.

Is there any way to do this without quitting the game? To show menu bar or something?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Multidisk game problem

Post by adespoton »

Which game are you playing? Which OS are you running it on? Does command-tab switch applications? Can you mouse to the top of the screen to reveal the menu bar and select the application manager?

But the biggest question is: can you load the disk images into the BII disk image and mount them using Virtual Disk, Shrinkwrap or Disk Copy? This might work better than loading them in as BII volumes.
motogen
Student Driver

Post by motogen »

The game is Crystal Skull. I'm playing with Basilisk emulator on Android device. OS 8.1. The only hotkeys I managed to use was Command-option-esc (to quit the game) and there is no menu bar in game when I mouse to top.

The biggest question is too hard for me to do it on Android device((
24bit
Forum All-Star

Post by 24bit »

I did forward your question at Macintoshgarden.
http://macintoshgarden.org/forum/the-cr ... ing-advice

In short, you may mount all three ISOs with VirtualCD Imager from a Mac volume, set the monitor to 640x480, run the installer and play the game. I was using MacOS 7.5, but I don´t think thats an issue.