Mouse clicks ignored

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

ericmjorgensen
Space Cadet

Mouse clicks ignored

Post by ericmjorgensen »

First off, I apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere, but I searched and didn't find it.

I had previously run SheepShaver without issue on a 2011 iMac, and now have tried to run it on my new 2017 5k iMac running 10.12.6. My storage volume boots properly, and SheepShaver mostly works without issue.

EXCEPT: some mouse clicks are ignored, seemingly at random. For example, I will click on an icon within SheepShaver, say the hard drive, and the click will be ignored. I keep clicking, and, eventually, the click is registered. This behavior is making it hard to use SheepShaver, since double-clicks are all but impossible to execute.

I experienced the issue in the 2014 build of SheepShaver, so I tried updating to the latest build, but the issue remains. I've also tried different refresh rates without success.

Here are my machine's specs:
iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch 2017
4.2 Ghz Intel Core i7
24 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 RAM
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Mouse clicks ignored

Post by adespoton »

Which OS are you emulating in SheepShaver? What screen resolutions are you setting for the guest OS?
ericmjorgensen
Space Cadet

Post by ericmjorgensen »

Hi there -

I'm emulating 9.0, and I've tried various resolutions; currently, I'm using 1920 x 1200. Note: on my previous host machine, I didn't experience this issue at all, and I'm using the same Mac OS 9 volume and data.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Hmm... I wonder if it has to do with the 5k screen? I'm also not having these issues on my 2015 13" or 15" MBPs.

I do have similar issues on BII with specific screen resolutions though; changing the resolution fixes the problem for me.