Some Emulators Online Stuff

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

ClockWise
Site Admin

Some Emulators Online Stuff

Post by ClockWise »

My page-change detector indicates some new content from Darek Mihocka this month!

See?

"It's been 3 long years, but the wait is almost over!

We're back with all new blog postings on the new Windows 10 on ARM64 devices, our latest Atari 800 emulator for ARM64 and X86 tablets, cross-compiling ARM and ARM64 binaries with Visual Studio 2017, time-travel debugging tricks, exhibiting at the Vintage Computer Festival (VCF 2018) and more!

Plus: 26 years since our first Gemulator video, a new high-def demo video!

New postings begin June 18 2018"

http://emulators.com/
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Some Emulators Online Stuff

Post by adespoton »

Interesting... Darek always comes back with new content just when I think he's finally moved on to new projects! Nice to see he's keeping his hand in.
powerpcfan
Student Driver

Post by powerpcfan »

Gemulator/Softmac were the first computer emulators I ever came across on the internet
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Actually, I just noticed that the "secrets" page specifically mentions a new version of his "our Atari and Macintosh emulators for Windows 10.

It would be nice to have something to complement the more popular emulators. If he could get SoftMac to do sound...
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Sight change of plans:

"It's been 3 long years, but the wait is almost over!

Since our exhibit at the 2018 west coast Vintage Computer Festival (VCF 2018) in Seattle, we've been busy coding, testing, benchmarking, filming demo videos, and writing new NX! postings to continue where we left off in 2015.

Starting with a peek at our latest XFORMER 10 (Atari 800 emulator), we'll dive right in to unboxing and playing with some new Windows 10 for ARM64 based NovaGo, X2, and Miix laptops, show how to port Windows code to ARM and ARM64 using Visual Studio, examine Time Travel Debugging, and more! (did I mention new demo videos, shhh!)

New postings begin June 18 2018"
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I chuckled at Darek's travel video:

http://emulators.com/
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

And here's your blog post and demo video of Xformer (the Atari 8-bit emulator):

http://emulators.com/docs/nx40_arm64.htm

No download for the emulator though.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

You may now download Xformer 10.

http://emulators.com/xformer.htm#XFORMER10

I'll try it out a bit later this week.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

Props to Darek for keeping things going for SO long! And even new features....
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

I am legit curious about the release of SoftMac he has promised. Darek certainly has the resources to produce an alternative to Basilisk II. If he could just implement the features SoftMac lacks (sound, networking, access to the host's files) we wouldn't need to use an old and not-really-updated emulator so much.
ArtiomWin
Student Driver

Post by ArtiomWin »

ClockWise wrote:I am legit curious about the release of SoftMac he has promised. Darek certainly has the resources to produce an alternative to Basilisk II. If he could just implement the features SoftMac lacks (sound, networking, access to the host's files) we wouldn't need to use an old and not-really-updated emulator so much.
Me too, otherwise I wouldn't put in this forum question about new Macintosh emulator based on WinUAE: Mac is the only platform emulators of that have not been updated since early aughts (not including compability fixes), while emulation of other platforms updated (and upgraded) pretty well, so PCem and derivatives (like 86box and VARCem) are replacing DOSbox as preferrable way for old PC games, while at 68k side we can take a look at Amiga Unix and early NeXTstep.