Unable to start BasiliskII on Mac - new Basilisk II user

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

omdsl
Space Cadet

Unable to start BasiliskII on Mac - new Basilisk II user

Post by omdsl »

I've followed the instructions and tried numerous times. However every time I try to start BasiliskII from the GUI I get -

BasiliskII error:
Could not start BasiliskII (No such file or directory)

Any suggestions?
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Unable to start BasiliskII on Mac - new Basilisk II user

Post by adespoton »

Funny... that's the exact same issue I've been having while using sparsebundles with the SDL2 Basilisk II. And yet I just got it working using emendelson's build when I don't change anything and just replace the image.

I wonder if this is extra Mojave shennanigans. Maybe moving both BasiliskII and the GUI to a different folder and back will work?
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

@ omdsl
- Are BasiliskII and the GUI app in the same folder (as they should be)?
- When settings in the GUI are saved, you can also start BasiliskII directly, no need to do it from the GUI.
omdsl
Space Cadet

Post by omdsl »

Son of a gun, that was it. It just wouldn't start from the GUI despite being in the same folder. However launching the app directly with all of the appropriate settings configured worked. I could have swore I tried that but maybe it was before I had all the settings configured.

Thanks for you help!
omdsl
Space Cadet

Post by omdsl »

I moved the Basilisk II folder to a new location, no change. downloaded Basilisk again and moved it into the folder and it wouldn't launch. I just move the app and the GUI out of the basilisk folder and it launched from the GUI. Move them both back in the folder and it continues to work.

Definitely some weirdness going on but hey, it works now. Thanks for the suggestion.

FYI - I am running Sierra. Don't feel like upgrading to Mojave and then spending hours on Google trying to figure out the things that changed.

Thanks again!