Login  •  Register

The time is now: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [ 134 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:10 pm 
Forum All-Star

Mine was pretty much a copy/paste text dump using print2pdf years ago. I seem to recall I dropped some of the link-dependent stuff; I just wanted an easy-lookup document for personal use.

And yesterday I went digging for the PDF, and have no idea where I stuck it -- it's been a decade or so since I used it, pre-dating my current eBook archive.

If you're getting a copy with usable links, that'd be great! Feel free to ping me if you get stuck anywhere, but it sounds like you've already done more than my quick hack job.

Reply with quote Post a reply  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:16 am 
Inquisitive Elf

I just used a PDF printer driver. It doesn't have links, but it does look like what you would get with a dead tree version.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:23 pm 
Tinkerer

Cat_7 wrote:
Quote:
In fact, Norton threatened to block the whole domain for all its users if the download was not removed. The administrators of the university site tried to work with Norton and convince them that that there was nothing wrong with the file, to no avail.

Indeed, Ronald, you remember that perfectly well ;-)
What to think of a distance teaching university that can't be reached over the internet ...
Norton still seems to come as a payload on some preconfigured laptops etc. and seems to deploy an automatic cloud upload of suspicious files so other users have the same "virus" definitions quickly.

We had to bend ...

Best,
Cat_7

Comodo see this as suspicious. Can you talk to Comodo ? The below link which has the GUI file, works without suspicion.

Basilisk II (2015-02-26) for Windows bundled w/ Mac OS 7.5.3
https://www.macintoshrepository.org/7643-basilisk-ii-for-windows-68k-emulator-w-floppy-support

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 pm 
Forum All-Star

Unfortunately I don't know anyone at Comodo to flag this up with -- best is to flag it as a False Positive through their product or website.

However, Comodo is often bases their detections on other security vendor detections, so they're likely picking up on the Symantec detection.

Symantec has continued to be disinterested in removing their detection.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:21 pm 
Space Cadet

I would love if this was a more recent version of basilisk ii, but it seems the windows version is being neglected in favor of the macOS builds. :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:40 am 
Forum All-Star

That's because for the most part, the Windows build still works, but the OS X one keeps breaking, so it needs update.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:29 am 
Forum All-Star

Thanks for making me smile, adespoton!
You did bring it to the point.
Even BII Build 142 does still write HFS floppies on a W10-64 host.
Nobody would have believed we would use Windows to write HFS floppies in the future, when we had our Mac II or similar.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:49 pm 
Space Cadet

I disagree with the statement "the Windows build still works". It crashes constantly in router and slirp mode, udp tunneling doesn't work at all, and to top it all off I can't even look into fixing any of this because the build doesn't seem to work with either MinGW/MSYS or MSVC.

Basilisk II for Windows feels like an abandoned project.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:12 pm 
Forum All-Star

Are other people having these issues with the latest SDL and SDL2 builds too? This sounds like issues I had with older builds, but I don't use BII on Windows anymore.

Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 6 of 6 [ 134 posts ]    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6