problem with saved Strategic Conquest files

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

bigboynl
Space Cadet

problem with saved Strategic Conquest files

Post by bigboynl »

I wanted to play some old Mac games I played in the past. Finally managed to get SheepShaver v2.5 running and started to play Strategic Conquest v3.0.1. Don't want to play all night so I saved my game. When I tried to open it to continue, it started Strategic Conquest but not with the saved game but again at day 1. How can I open a saved game and continue the game where I saved it?

Hans
jcd
Space Cadet

Re: problem with saved Strategic Conquest files

Post by jcd »

Classic bug in Strategic Conquest: You're on the right track, you just have to play through the first day of that "new" game that it creates and then it will ask you if you want to save the game (you don't have to, since it's basically a dummy game) and then it will load your saved game progress.

Happy conquesting!
mullinsnk1
Space Cadet

Re: problem with saved Strategic Conquest files

Post by mullinsnk1 »

I am having the same issue with trying to save files - I am running version 2 on Mac OS 9 in Sheep Shaver. Game runs fine, lets me save the game, but when you open it, it's a new day. I tried playing a couple moves and saving again and still nothing. Any ideas?