Compile custom variations on Mini vMac

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

sentient06
Mac Mechanic

Re: Compile custom variations on Mini vMac

Post by sentient06 »

Mmmm can't help much, I'm on a mac and it generates an XCode project. It worked when I tested.

Did you try an older version of Visual Studio?
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

You're probably entering the wrong things in the interface. When you do it correctly, you get an EXE file on the variations page.

Try this: go to the customs variations page:

http://www.gryphel.com/c/var/index.html

Make only ONE change to what you see there: under the line that says "Your computer runs", use the drop down menu to select "Microsoft Windows - Intel".

Then (and only then, when you are sure that you see "Microsoft Windows - Intel") click the "Request Custom Variation" button. You can come back later to find the result.

But if you want to see a typical result, like the one you asked for above, go to the batches page:

http://www.gryphel.com/c/var/latest/index.html#latest

Find an item on the list that includes the string "t-wx86" or "t-wx64"; click on the link, and you will see that you get an EXE file - exactly what you're looking for.

PS: You said in your original message that you pressed "Go." That is a sure sign that you were on the wrong page, because there is no "Go" button on the page where you enter the options.
gryphel
Nice Guy

Post by gryphel »

As mentioned by emendelson, the easiest way to get a custom variation is to ask me to compile it for you, using the custom variations page.

But you are also welcome and encouraged to compile your own variations.

I wondered why you are using Visual Basic when it is Visual C++ project. But looking at the Microsoft Visual Studio web page, I get the impression that the different languages are now combined in a single development environment. The real problem is likely to be that I haven't looked at changes to Microsoft Visual Studio recently, and the project generated by the Mini vMac build system for an earlier version isn't working. So sentient06's suggestion to use an older version may work.

But do try using the option -ev 10000 to generate a project for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, the last version supported by the build system. When not specified, the default is -ev 8000, for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, which is more or less what I'm using to compile the Windows versions with.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

I won't answer for Gryphel, but I know he's pretty busy.

Current Mac II development (by those other than Gryphel) is being focused in Shoebill; you might want to try compiling that too :)
afberendsen
Inquisitive Elf

Post by afberendsen »

I am having problems compiling Mini vMac on my Windows 10 x65, with cygwin.
Clearly is a macro definition missing somewhere.
I am not sure if the problem is because I am using cygwin or something else.

Code: Select all

$ make
gcc "src/MINEM68K.c" -o "bld/MINEM68K.o" -c -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-uninitialized -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Icfg/ -Isrc/ -Os
gcc "src/OSGLUWIN.c" -o "bld/OSGLUWIN.o" -c -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wno-uninitialized -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Icfg/ -Isrc/ -Os
src/OSGLUWIN.c: In function ‘GetAppDir’:
src/OSGLUWIN.c:153:47: error: ‘_MAX_PATH’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘MAX_PATH’?
  153 |  if (GetModuleFileName(AppInstance, pathName, _MAX_PATH) == 0) {
      |                                               ^~~~~~~~~
      |                                               MAX_PATH