Commands line ?

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Commands line ?

Post by Sebiohazard »

Good morning all !

1. Is it possible to create a blank HDD from command line with Basilisk II ? If so what is this command line ?

2. Is it possible to run Basiisk completely from the command line ? If so what are these command lines ?

Greetings !
Last edited by Sebiohazard on Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Commands ligne ?

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Which is your host OS? Which is your guest OS?
And exactly what do you want to do with BasiliskII?
Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Re: Commands line ?

Post by Sebiohazard »

Hello !

I am running Windows 7 Pro & I would like to emulate Apple System 7.xx - 8.xx & 9.xx. I need the command lines to start Basilisk with a front end integration.

Greetings !
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

You'd probably be better off with SheepShaver than with Basilisk II; BII runs System 7.0 through 8.1; SheepShaver runs 7.5.2 through 9.0.4. Since the PowerPC emulation includes embedded 68k emulation, most of the software that will run in BII will also run in SheepShaver, plus all the PowerPC software from 7.1.2 through 9.0.4.

That said, BII has (in my opinion) better command line options. For either, run the exe from the command line with -h to see a general command overview. Essentially, you can set any option you can set in the config file, plus you can read a specific config file from a defined location.
Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Post by Sebiohazard »

Hello thank you for your help !

I started Basilisk II in a Windows terminal with the -h command but nothing is displayed... & on the internet there is no documentation. Regarding SheepShaver I haven't tried yet.

Greetings !
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

If you do not want to use the GUI, you just put all your prefs items on one line, each item prepended with --
So: BasiliskII.exe --disk C:\MacOS_8_HD1000.hfv --screen win/1024/768 --rom C:\Quadra650.rom etc.

Or, as adespoton mentioned, use BasiliskII.exe --config textfilewithprefs.txt

The same method, however, does not seem to work for SheepShaver in Windows.

Best,
Cat_7
Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Post by Sebiohazard »

Cat_7 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:41 am Hi,

If you do not want to use the GUI, you just put all your prefs items on one line, each item prepended with --
So: BasiliskII.exe --disk C:\MacOS_8_HD1000.hfv --screen win/1024/768 --rom C:\Quadra650.rom etc.
Hello !

1. Thank you for your help, but how do I know all the parameters ?
2. Do you know RetroPie on Linux ? If so, do you manage to launch games with Basilisk ?

Greetings !
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You can see all the parameters when you run the BasiliskGUI, configure Basilisk correctly, and afterwards open the prefs file.
I have no knowledge about RetroPie, but if you want start something up after Mac OS has started, then put an alias in the start-up items folder.

Best,
Cat_7