OS-X (Jaguar) not booting

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Ph0eniX

OS-X (Jaguar) not booting

Post by Ph0eniX »

The install seems to have gone ok but when I try to boot it, it hangs on this screen. Notice that the toolbar on top is missing

then it turns into this and it just hangs there for hours:

Any ideas?[/img]

Post by Guest »

BUMP same thing, surely someone must know.
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

Looks like he's running WindowBlinds. Try turning that off.
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

window blinds is one thing. I kept getting that when I ran with a gig of memory allocated to pearpc. I reduced to 512 and it started installing just fine

granted this was about 4 days ago so things have changed significantly in ppc since then, you may be able to install with a gig of ram...not sure...as for now one install was enough for me! :wink:
Ancient Imhotep
Inquisitive Elf

Changes to Config

Post by Ancient Imhotep »

I had the same problem with Mac OS X 10.2 and found that I had to do the following: -

1) Follow the instructions in the following forum topic, to change the boot partition from 3 to 2 - http://www.emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1102

2) Set the memory back to 128MB in the config file.

Hope this helps
Ph0eniX
Mac Mechanic

Re: Changes to Config

Post by Ph0eniX »

Ancient Imhotep wrote:I had the same problem with Mac OS X 10.2 and found that I had to do the following: -

1) Follow the instructions in the following forum topic, to change the boot partition from 3 to 2 - http://www.emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1102

2) Set the memory back to 128MB in the config file.

Hope this helps
I'm not running WindowsBlinds.

I think setting the RAM back may be the cure. I got it up and running on one of my systems (that was set for 128) but I can't get it to work on my other system for the life of me under WindowsXP or Mandrake 10. I just restarted the OS-X installer so it'll be a while before I can change the settings. The two machines are not on the same network and the working one is connected to a slow ADSL line - otherwise I could just copy the disk file. I have a portable USB HDD but it's only 6GB and the disk file is just a bit bigger.

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

in the config file turn on the -v (verbose) option so you can see whats going wrong.
Ph0eniX
Mac Mechanic

Post by Ph0eniX »

Actually, I just dug up one of the .img file that I was having problems booting from before and changed the RAM back to 128MB. It looks like it's booting ok now.