trouble mounting .iso game onto SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

mirivv
Space Cadet

trouble mounting .iso game onto SheepShaver

Post by mirivv »

Hi! I apologize in advance, I'm not a whiz with this stuff, I'm just trying to play an old old game on Mac Monterey.
I have SheepShaver with 'Mac OS 9.0.4.toast' installed. I downloaded an iso file of Oregon Trail 5 which I had intended to play and I set the file to Locked and added it to the Volumes portion of SheepShaver preferences. SheepShaver starts up fine, but I don't see the iso file for the game anywhere.

Any help on this would be so appreciated!
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: trouble mounting .iso game onto SheepShaver

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

It works fine here in Monterey. I am not sure what you did as your description is rather minimal.

I suppose you use the latest SheepShaver build for Monterey.

I have SheepShaver with 'Mac OS 9.0.4.toast' installed.
I suppose you mean that you used the installer on 'Mac OS 9.0.4.toast' to install MacOS 9.0.4 on a newly created disk and then removed 'Mac OS 9.0.4.toast' from the volumes list.

You do not need to lock a CD image file (that was needed with (much) older SheepShaver versions). Instead, check the CDROM checkbox in the volumes list.

I downloaded 'Oregon_Trail_5.iso_.sit' from Macintosh Garden, unstuffed the file (I used The Unarchiver for that), added the resulting 'Oregon Trail 5.iso' file to the volumes list as CD ROM, saved the change and quit SheepShaver. At next launch of SheepShaver the 'Oregon Trail 5' CD appeared on the SheepShaver desktop.
mirivv
Space Cadet

Re: trouble mounting .iso game onto SheepShaver

Post by mirivv »

I took the installer out of the volume list and also made sure the .iso file wasnt in the SheepShaver folder. Not sure which one of these may have been the problem, but it works now!
Thank you