Windows Networking, It's finally here!

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Windows Networking, It's finally here!

Post by Cybermagellan »

At 26 may 04 John_K finally was able to use TCP/IP to obtain a connection on his Windows computer. Shortly after the packages were created. To find out how click http://www.kelley.ca/pearpc

Here is probably the first screenshot anyone has made.

Temporary
Student Driver

Post by Temporary »

This isn't working.
For some reason I can't activate it through OSX.
I went to System Preferences->Networks, and it only shows one ethernet connection without any option to change to select ""PCI Ethernet Slot pci10ex,8139, Port 4"" from the "Show" slopdown box. :(
Could it be because I'm connected to the internet through a router and a LAN network?

Post by Guest »

Can you send me the ful screen patch with networking when you compiled it please?

Post by Guest »

Temporary wrote:This isn't working.
For some reason I can't activate it through OSX.
I went to System Preferences->Networks, and it only shows one ethernet connection without any option to change to select ""PCI Ethernet Slot pci10ex,8139, Port 4"" from the "Show" slopdown box. :(
Could it be because I'm connected to the internet through a router and a LAN network?
Make sure you have

pci_rtl8139_installed = 1
pci_rtl8139_mac = "de:ad:ca:fe:12:34"

in the config file and not:

pci_3c90x_installed = 0
pci_3c90x_mac = "DE:AD:CA:FE:12:34"

which is in the example file and restart it.

I've got a router sharing the internet as well, I just enabled ICS on the network card that connects to the router, setting the private network to the TAP network adapter.

Make sure your using the build with networking as well.
StealthT800

Post by StealthT800 »

what ips do you put in when you behind a router?
ataxy
Master Emulator

Post by ataxy »

yeepeee it works
you have to put in the lan ip of you router for "enter a valid nameserver address"
StealthT800

Post by StealthT800 »

What do you mean where do i find my lan ip and that lot
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

Yes, I found the most important thing is you have to have a valid "DNS Server" address. For me it wasn't the IP of my router, but for some I guess it could be.

Great work John! :)
Scriptfactory

Post by Scriptfactory »

My problem was my router IP address was conflicting with the Windows XP ICS. I had to change the LAN IP Address to 192.167.0.1 instead of 192.168.0.1 and the DHCP range to 192.167.0.2-51.

Worked instantly after that. :)

Post by Guest »

Scriptfactory wrote:My problem was my router IP address was conflicting with the Windows XP ICS. I had to change the LAN IP Address to 192.167.0.1 instead of 192.168.0.1 and the DHCP range to 192.167.0.2-51.

Worked instantly after that. :)
hey, please can you explain that more clearly, as what you are saying might help me get mine to work.
Scriptfactory

Post by Scriptfactory »

Let me explain my last post more clearly.

My router has a LAN IP of 192.168.0.1 by default. This was conflicting with my Windows XP Internet Connection Sharing. All I did was change my LAN IP to 192.167.0.1. This was all done from my router control panel. If you have a hardware router, you can usually access from "http://< lan.ip >".

Try going to http://192.168.0.1 and if your router control panel pops up, that could be your problem.
slydecix
Space Cadet

Post by slydecix »

I'm having problems too, I can't get it to work with my router- the IP was conflicting with WinXP's ICS, so I changed the LAN IP, but pages still won't load Safari

When I click the Local Area Connection Status for the TAP-Win32 Adapter in WinXP, it shows te IP to be 169.254.114.17- is it supposed to be like that?
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Won't work with Networking

Post by Cybermagellan »

Did you try to disable the Router and see what your results are? Also your leaving the router and the IP address the computer name at 192.168.0.1 correct? Also John_K specifys that you may have to change that...
Mardagg
Student Driver

Post by Mardagg »

I didn't have to change any settings in OSX, it just took right off and I'm behind a router as well.
Cybermagellan
Forum All-Star

Changing settings

Post by Cybermagellan »

yeah I had the same results....when into Network in System Preferences on OSX I got this..

CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

Yeah the Mac probably just uses DHCP when it can.
Ph0eniX
Mac Mechanic

Post by Ph0eniX »

My XP (SP2) crashes on boot up every time after installing the OpenVPN TAP driver - regardless of the version.
testplay

Post by testplay »

I'm behind router
I set my IP address manually
but not work

just use DHCP
It works well
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

I can't seem to enable Internet Connection Sharing. I'm behind a wireless router...and it won't let me change the IP address of my router. it says 192.186.0.1 is taken on the network and must be open for ICS...I don't know what I"m doing wrong. I right click my Local Area connection 2 (which is the normal lan connection I would connect to if I was connected through wires) and try to enable ICS through my wireless network connection (wireless connection is selected under Home Networking Connection: and I check the Allow other users to connect through this computer's internet connection checkbox...it then logs me off and gives me the error that 192.168.0.1 is taken on the network and I will need to free that. Am I doing something wrong because I can't seem to get this right.

I also go into my routers control panel (Netgear 54Mbps WGR614v2) and try to change the IP Address of the router, which is 192.168.0.1, and I"m presuming causing the conflict, but it says invalid ip address, please specify another one. I have no idea what I"m doing wrong. Would someone care to help me?
jlancaster

panther

Post by jlancaster »

Does this mod work for panther? I dont have an option to change the PCI adapter in System Prefrences on Panther.
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

Mmm... Just got it working.

I followed the instructions to the letter, but I set the DNS to my router's LAN address. It doesn't seem to take my DNS IP's directly.
Ancient Imhotep
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Ancient Imhotep »

Has anyone got this working on a system that is using a different IP range to the 192.168?

I run my network on 10.0.0.xxx, and cannot get OS X 10.2 to show the adapter in the 'Show' box.

Is it because I am not running on the 192.168.0.xxx range?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Post by Guest »

has anyone tried this with a wireless connection? should it matter at all to the system?
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

Just a friendly screenshot of the configs.
martypants
Space Cadet

Post by martypants »

It's just not working for me. Anybody got any ideas? This is from my config file:

pci_rtl8139_installed = 1
pci_rtl8139_mac = "de:ad:ca:fe:12:34"

And attached is a shot of my network prefs :(