How do i use .iso files after I install Mac OS?

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

pokepat6
Space Cadet

How do i use .iso files after I install Mac OS?

Post by pokepat6 »

Hi

I recently installed Mac OS X 10.1 on Qemu and I need help running iso files on the vm. The guide says that I need to create an entry in the qemu.bat file below the hard disk entry. I tried it with an iso file of a game but it didn't appear. If someone can help me with this issue, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.
https://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=2385827
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: How do i use .iso files after I install Mac OS?

Post by adespoton »

pokepat6 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:03 am Hi

I recently installed Mac OS X 10.1 on Qemu and I need help running iso files on the vm. The guide says that I need to create an entry in the qemu.bat file below the hard disk entry. I tried it with an iso file of a game but it didn't appear. If someone can help me with this issue, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The best place to start would probably be to paste your current qemu.bat file into this thread. Any new iso file would just replace the one needed for installing the OS in the first place, with QEMU set to boot off the HD and not the iso, of course.
pokepat6
Space Cadet

Post by pokepat6 »

adespoton wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:14 pm
pokepat6 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:03 am Hi

Thanks.
The best place to start would probably be to paste your current qemu.bat file into this thread. Any new iso file would just replace the one needed for installing the OS in the first place, with QEMU set to boot off the HD and not the iso, of course.
Here's my qemu.bat file

qemu-system-ppc.exe ^
-L pc-bios ^
-M mac99 ^
-m 512 ^
-display sdl ^
-boot c ^
-drive file=MacOSX.img,format=raw,media=disk
-drive file=F1-2000.iso,format=raw,media=cdrom ^
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

You should place a ^ after every line, except the last.
The way your bat file is written now, qemu will not read on after the hard disk line.

Best,
Cat_7
pokepat6
Space Cadet

Post by pokepat6 »

Cat_7 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:36 pm Hi,

You should place a ^ after every line, except the last.
The way your bat file is written now, qemu will not read on after the hard disk line.

Best,
Cat_7
Okay, I tried deleting the ^ on the iso line but it still wont show up in Mac OS.
Edit: I put the ^ on the Hard disk line with no ^ on the cd line and it works now.