Unix Root/Shared Folder HELP

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

mireLess
Space Cadet

Unix Root/Shared Folder HELP

Post by mireLess »

Hello Im new to this emulating stuff.
I need to put a shared folder into sheepshaver in order to see it on the virtual machine.
Im curently using windows 10 with sheepshaver gui.
I managed to put the same folder on a Mac os sheepshaver 2.5 programs just because on the prefferences tab has a path file called Unix root.
I wasn't abble to see the same kind of option on windows sheepshaver settings UI.
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: Unix Root/Shared Folder HELP

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

No shared folder, but a similar feature is available in SheepShaver for Windows. From the setup manual::

In the GUI, Volumes tab:
- Enable “My Computer” icon on your Mac desktop (external file system): when checked, SheepShaver gives access to host drives.
- Mount drives: shows the host drives that will be available through the My Computer icon on the desktop.
mireLess
Space Cadet

Re: Unix Root/Shared Folder HELP

Post by mireLess »

Ronald P. Regensburg wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:02 am No shared folder, but a similar feature is available in SheepShaver for Windows. From the setup manual::

In the GUI, Volumes tab:
- Enable “My Computer” icon on your Mac desktop (external file system): when checked, SheepShaver gives access to host drives.
- Mount drives: shows the host drives that will be available through the My Computer icon on the desktop.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ^_^