System 7.6.1 - Copy/Paste GetInfo Icons and TM symbol...

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

InitCursor
Student Driver

System 7.6.1 - Copy/Paste GetInfo Icons and TM symbol...

Post by InitCursor »

Under SheepShaver in System 7.6.1 on Windows 11, I am noticing that I can't copy and paste icons from one GetInfo window to another.

Also, I can't copy and paste text in filenames with the TM symbol -- it disappears.

Are these known problems?
uliwitness
Student Driver

Re: System 7.6.1 - Copy/Paste GetInfo Icons and TM symbol...

Post by uliwitness »

I think this is a general clipboard issue. It seems text gets copied all right, but gets converted to the Windows clipboard (and converted back when pasted, which might explain the loss of the "tm" symbol). All sorts of images in the system clipboard just never get copied to the clipboard (e.g. copying an image in HyperCard, Finder or ClarisDraw fails).

I tried setting the 'noclipconversion' flag in SheepShaver_prefs, but that seems to have no effect whatsoever.
Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
https://hypercard.org
uliwitness
Student Driver

Re: System 7.6.1 - Copy/Paste GetInfo Icons and TM symbol...

Post by uliwitness »

I just checked the source code, and noclipconversion will probably fix the issue with the "tm" disappearing. I misunderstood what it does, and it seems that converts MacRoman to ISO Latin, and ISO Latin has no "tm" glyph.

Not sure yet why nothing but text seems to work (except for apps that keep their own clipboard, like ResEdit). The Windows-specific functions seem to only export plain text to the Windows clipboard. I don't yet see where any other cases are handled.
Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
https://hypercard.org