Sound with QEMU Win Xp PRO 64 VM with Hyper-V platform APIs in Windows 10

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Lukas
Space Cadet

Sound with QEMU Win Xp PRO 64 VM with Hyper-V platform APIs in Windows 10

Post by Lukas »

Hello!
I'm in Windows 10 where I'm emulating Windows XP pro 64. I want to ask if it's possible to take advantage of audio with Hyper-V platform using QEMU. I know that with VMWare this is possible, but I really like QEMU and would like to choose it. Obviously I can run the Win XP Pro 64 virtual machine also with QEMU only, with its loud and clear sounds, but only in single core: using the Hyper-V platform I could really enjoy the software capabilities of QEMU also for future virtual machines, and with the multi core of my water cooled 5950x. I also have a “pure” Hyper-V Win XP pro 64 virtual machine, without audio unless I use the RDP protocol, which however reduces the data rate and is inelegant anyway.
I am very grateful for your help. I don't know much about QEMU, I used the Qt GUI till yesterday for 2 days and I happily discovered QEMU is “compatible” with Hyper-V platform some our ago, so I started studyng command line, config and official manual, I can invest time in it, but I'd like to know first if this audio from win Xp is possible, because I don't think I can recognize it by myself.
Thanks!
Becatto
Inquisitive Elf

Re: Sound with QEMU Win Xp PRO 64 VM with Hyper-V platform APIs in Windows 10

Post by Becatto »

Lukas wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:05 am Hello!
I'm in Windows 10 where I'm emulating Windows XP pro 64. I want to ask if it's possible to take advantage of audio with Hyper-V platform using QEMU. I know that with VMWare this is possible, but I really like QEMU and would like to choose it. Obviously I can run the Win XP Pro 64 virtual machine also with QEMU only, with its loud and clear sounds, but only in single core: using the Hyper-V platform I could really enjoy the software capabilities of QEMU also for future virtual machines, and with the multi core of my water cooled 5950x. I also have a “pure” Hyper-V Win XP pro 64 virtual machine, without audio unless I use the RDP protocol, which however reduces the data rate and is inelegant anyway.
I am very grateful for your help. I don't know much about QEMU, I used the Qt GUI till yesterday for 2 days and I happily discovered QEMU is “compatible” with Hyper-V platform some our ago, so I started studyng command line, config and official manual, I can invest time in it, but I'd like to know first if this audio from win Xp is possible, because I don't think I can recognize it by myself.
Thanks!
I know this would look like i'm kinda acting like an admin, but I just have to say that you are on the wrong forum. if you still want to post here, post it in off topic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it just me or every time I comment on a post, it dies :???:
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Indeed. Emaculation forums are about Mac emulation. This particular forum is about QEMU emulating PPC Macs. I do not know much about QEMU. Maybe someone else here can point you to a better place to post your question and where you may have a better chance to get answers.
emendelson
Forum All-Star

Post by emendelson »

This seems to be the main qemu forum:

https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/qemu-discuss
Lukas
Space Cadet

Post by Lukas »

Oh, I'm a true stupid. Well... sorry... however I think I will read a lot here too, in a next future. Mac emulation. It's missing, here! I have to solve as soon as possible! For now: thanks and forgive my ignorance, which really knows no boundaries!