Getting sound to work on QEMU 8.0.0 for Android

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Edward_D
Space Cadet

Getting sound to work on QEMU 8.0.0 for Android

Post by Edward_D »

Hey all, I am happy to finally be a member of this forum. I have following this site for many years with almost all of my mac emulation knowledge coming from here.

With all the reading I have done here, I understand that usb-audio does not work. I have also found out that Intel audio does not work (both hang the system). I currently have -audiodev none,id=mute in my command line to force it to not use any audio device. Guest system is Mac OS 9.2.2 and host system is Android 13.

Is there a way to use sb16, ac97, or adlib to get audio to work? Is there a wy to compile or use any of the screamer buildson Android? I have been trying to get audio working on here for over a week and would appreciate any help. Thank you!
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Getting sound to work on QEMU 8.0.0 for Android

Post by adespoton »

Edward_D wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:43 pm Hey all, I am happy to finally be a member of this forum. I have following this site for many years with almost all of my mac emulation knowledge coming from here.

With all the reading I have done here, I understand that usb-audio does not work. I have also found out that Intel audio does not work (both hang the system). I currently have -audiodev none,id=mute in my command line to force it to not use any audio device. Guest system is Mac OS 9.2.2 and host system is Android 13.

Is there a way to use sb16, ac97, or adlib to get audio to work? Is there a wy to compile or use any of the screamer buildson Android? I have been trying to get audio working on here for over a week and would appreciate any help. Thank you!
I'm a bit confused - this forum is mostly for the Linux/macOS/Windows builds of QEMU and QEMU-screamer provided on this site.

I guess your real question is: can we get a build of Screamer for Android?

Also, USB-Audio works in the regular QEMU as far as I know. But it's pass-through; you need to provide your own USB audio device. I'm not sure how that would work on Android -- maybe by plugging USB headphones into the device?

Intel Audio only works on Intel architecture processors (qemu-x86 and qemu-x86-64), not PPC.
Edward_D
Space Cadet

Re: Getting sound to work on QEMU 8.0.0 for Android

Post by Edward_D »

Thanks for replying. I will try to re-post my question on reddit and continue testing QEMU to see if I can get sound to work. If allowed, I would like to leave this post open in case I find a solution and can post it or if another Android user figures something out.

Maybe this could be moved to a more correct board. If this post gets to stay open, I will keep this updated on my progress on trying to get sound to work in case any other user has the same issue or also wants to run Mac OS 9 on their phone. Thank you.