help with desktop

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

korbie

help with desktop

Post by korbie »

When I am running basilisk II, I can't get the background to have a a colored scheme! It did it once when the program started the very forst time, but now it will only display the ugly black'n white background. I have a program called decore 2.6, but it can't show the picture on the desktop. I had a different program, but I can't recall the name, that worked some of the time. Can some one help?
rob_squared
Carpe Nox

Post by rob_squared »

B2 has a problem with OS 7.5 with displaying background schemes. Also, you might have to go into the monitor control panel to adjust the colors from shades of gray to actual colors. I've had problems with that myself.

Decor I'm not too sure about so someone else will have to help you out with that.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

If the whole MacOS in in balck and white, then you will indeed have to go to the monitors control panel and up it to colors. Go do that.
rob_squared
Carpe Nox

Post by rob_squared »

OMG! What happened "Mr. Peanut"?
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

Dr. Strangelove here has proven more "versatile" than Mr. Peanut.
rob_squared
Carpe Nox

Post by rob_squared »

I see.

*Cautiously takes a step back*

Post by Guest »

It's not a BII error, it's a MacOS 7.5 error. I was having the same pbm on my LC. I wasn't able to access color schemes for wallpaper. Upgrade to 7.5.3 or 8.1