Does any one play the guitar

Anything not about Mac emulation.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

$tealth
Student Driver

Does any one play the guitar

Post by $tealth »

Does any one play the guitar if so tell use how long you been playing for what guitar you got :) post a pic of you guitar tooo :)

I been playing for 4 years.
I got a Blade Guitar :)
And heres 2 pics of it

http://www.stealthworld.homeunix.com/ppics/P1000013.JPG

http://www.stealthworld.homeunix.com/ppics/P1000014.JPG
jlowe64
Student Driver

Post by jlowe64 »

thats a pretty awesome guitar. I play a little bit, but my family is relaly big into these instruments, Im moreso into Piano. But we have a couple Gibsons, Peavey (sp?), Yamaha, Seagull, Ovation. :D
Holy Crap!
$tealth
Student Driver

Post by $tealth »

Cool so there is some people on this forums that plays music :) im not on my own now Gibsons are alright but my Blade is the best.
$tealth
Student Driver

Post by $tealth »

I just found a picture of my first guitar what I had I still got it heres the picture.

http://www.stealthworld.homeunix.com/ppics/P1000020.JPG

Here is my Amp With my Air Rifle

http://www.stealthworld.homeunix.com/ppics/P1000025.JPG
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

I didn't see this before!

I don't have a picture of my guitar, but I have a black Squier Telecaster at the moment. I have been playing about 22 years, but I took a few breaks here and there, with a 5 year break and a 2 year break being the longest.

The best guitar that I ever had was a '72 Les Paul Custom, but I sold it over 15 years ago as I needed the money :cry:

I also have a mandolin, a concert flute, a 2 ft transverse bamboo flute and various harmonicas. I don't currently have a piano, and I think that will be my next purchase...
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

I have a Les Paul 100 (sunburst) with Humbucker pickups, and a Sammick Fender (red).

Since Robojam included other instruments, I might as well.

Nickel Flute, Silver Flute, Piccalo Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Trumpet, Coronet, Alto Saxophone, Trombone, Keyboard (piano), Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Bass, and lots of assorted flutes.

Yes, I played the Silver Flute in my Grade School / Junior High / High School band. By sixth grade, there was no instrument in the band I couldn't play. =D

Robojam, any chance I could see a picture of that Bamboo Flute? I'm mildly interested in it.
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

I just noticed that you mentioned a Mandolin. I envy you.
ClockWise
Site Admin

Post by ClockWise »

The red-head said you shred the cello...
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

I can take a photo of the flute, but I don't have a digital camera at the moment. I'll have to get the roll of film developed first and then scan it, or...

...if you want to see the site where I ordered it from, it's at: http://www.sunreed.com/BambooFlutes.htm. I have an alto C flute, which is about 2' long.

As for the mandolin, you should check out buying one - you can pick one up for about $100US that's fine for a beginner, and if you like it buy a more expensive one later.
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

I wouldn't mind getting a Mandolin some day. Finger picking on a guitar without an amp just doesn't sound as good as it should. Maybe this fall I'll look into getting one.

I can't even imagine how much of a chore that it'd be to string that damn thing, let alone tune it.

Mmm...

http://www.vintagemandolin.com/23gibsona1521813.html
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

Finger picking isn't something that you can do with a mandolin - there just isn't the room between the strings - you really have to play it with a pick.

Stringing and tuning aren't hard though. There are only 2 more strings than on a guitar, and 4 less than a 12 string guitar, so it's not that much of a chore. As for tuning, that's easy. If you tune one of each pair of strings, the other is easy to tune as you're tuning to exactly the same note. As for tuning a higher string to a lower one, the higher string is a fifth above the lower one, so it's easy to hear when it's in tune by playing both together and tuning up until you hear the harmony.

Did you take a look at the link for the bamboo flute?
Jackalo
Granny Smith

Post by Jackalo »

I beg to differ about finger picking a mandolin. ; )

As for the bamboo flute, yeah. I'd buy a Mid E most likely. The three different quality levels really makes me wonder about them, though. With the way it seems to me, I wouldn't want anything below Professional quality.
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

I think the best way to think of picking the mandolin is think of the difference between a 6 and 12 string guitar - it's far easier with 6! Maybe it is possible, but I find it very hard, and it seems easier with a pick.

As for the flute, mine is pro quality so I don't know what the others are like, but I'm very impressed with it.