PearGUI Update

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

BobMcGee
Inquisitive Elf

PearGUI Update

Post by BobMcGee »

PearGUI is a utility to edit PearPC configurations.

PearGUI has a new web address thanks to ClockWise!

http://peargui.emaculation.com

1.3:
-Added Auto option to Full Screen Refresh that will not put anything in the config file for builds that do not support the fs_refresh_rate parameter.
-Added support for right mouse button. The right button is the equivalent of control + click.

2004.06.02 v1.1
- Added support for picking screen resolution inside the OS hosted in the emulator.
- Added options dialog with option to specify full path of the PearPC executable.
- The create disk image GUI in place but the functionality is NOT working reliably. Please do not use yet.

2004.06.01 - v1.0.16 - Removed indexed resolutions. Requires .2 pre build + Added support for 1024M RAM
2004.05.27 - v1.0.14 - Set default MAC address to de:ad:ca:fe:12:34 when it does not exist in the config file.
2004.05.22 - v1.0.13 - Added additional refresh rates for full screen and changed to allow custom frequencies.
Last edited by BobMcGee on Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Mardagg
Student Driver

Post by Mardagg »

Thanks for the heads up Bob!
Ancient Imhotep
Inquisitive Elf

Thanks

Post by Ancient Imhotep »

Thanks for the update Bob.

I have downloaded the latest version, but there appears to be a problem for the label on the Redraw rate value as it disappears behind the slider.

Also the main program icon is missing from the application when it was rebuilt.

Neither of these are major, but just thought you might like to know (not sure if you are the creator of PearGUI).
BobMcGee
Inquisitive Elf

Post by BobMcGee »

I've fixed the missing icon, but I'm unable to reproduce the label problem. Imhotep, can you PM me a screenshot from your machine?

Wait! I found it. Updated again.
Ancient Imhotep
Inquisitive Elf

Post by Ancient Imhotep »

Thanks for that Bob.

Everything appears to be working correctly.

Great app by the way - I would be lost without it.
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

Hi bob...was wondering if you'd mind adding support for 1024 megs of memory. I don't mind editing the config file myself...but would rather do it through your program

also when I go to save my config I have to display all files, click on ppc.cfg and then save over it...is this supposed to happen?

Cyman
Tinkerer

Post by Cyman »

This is my favorite GUI frontend. Thank you for the new version!
buchya

New PearGUI

Post by buchya »

Great job! Thank you. Definitly the best in class.
There is still one more wish: put a checkbox to comment out the fs_refresh_rate setting, 'couse the non-fullscreen version won't run with it.
Also it would be nice to include an About Box :)
Xanthracus
Inquisitive Elf

Re: PearGUI Update

Post by Xanthracus »

BobMcGee wrote:Updated PearGUI to support windows networking and full screen display builds.

V1.0.12
Ok Bob, but I have a small problem. In the "full resolution refresh" must exists more possibilities, or the possibility to type the value, because my monitor works correctly with 70Hz at 1024x768. But typing in the config file, than loading it works.
James_patageul
Student Driver

Post by James_patageul »

ok great job !!

but in the fill MAC how input the adresse ?

like that 011FA7HAHBSZ (this is a false MAC adresse (sorry LOL))
or like that 01:1F:A7:HA:HB:SZ
or 01-1F-A7-HA-HB-SZ

thx a lot...
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

de:ad:ca:fe:12:34 is advised.
James_patageul
Student Driver

Post by James_patageul »

ok thx a lot ;-p
BobMcGee
Inquisitive Elf

Post by BobMcGee »

Mac Emu wrote:de:ad:ca:fe:12:34 is advised.
Updated to use this value as a default when not already specified in the config file.
BobMcGee
Inquisitive Elf

Re: PearGUI Update

Post by BobMcGee »

Xanthracus wrote:
BobMcGee wrote:Updated PearGUI to support windows networking and full screen display builds.

V1.0.12
Ok Bob, but I have a small problem. In the "full resolution refresh" must exists more possibilities, or the possibility to type the value, because my monitor works correctly with 70Hz at 1024x768. But typing in the config file, than loading it works.
Added additional refresh rates for full screen and changed to allow custom frequencies.
OSX
Student Driver

Post by OSX »

Good job on the GUI :)
BobMcGee
Inquisitive Elf

Post by BobMcGee »

OSX wrote:Good job on the GUI :)
Thanks. Anyone think of anything I'm missing that should be added?
saber
Space Cadet

Post by saber »

Sorry to bother, but it keeps giving me this error:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

By the way, the latests VB runtime IS installed.

Any ideas?

tks.
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

hi bob, would you mind giving support for 1024 megs of ram? the value is 0x40000000

I'd also check peargui vs last nights build from richard goodwin, the indexing display values have changed...the index values are no longer supported...values only go from 1-5 now instead of 1-8. hopefully with the new 0.2 advanced/0.3 build of pearpc we'll see 1280 resolution and fullscreen too

great job
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

saber wrote:Sorry to bother, but it keeps giving me this error:

Run-time error '339':

Component 'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

By the way, the latests VB runtime IS installed.

Any ideas?

tks.
I used to get this error...then I downloaded the new peargui which apparently doesn't use vb6 runtime files, and the error dissapeared for me. perhaps try that? the file has been updated in bobs first post several times, so check that post for the latest build (build 15 as of right now)
saber
Space Cadet

Post by saber »

Nope. Same error. (Tks anyway)
Any other ideas?
kiran_tsp
Inquisitive Elf

Post by kiran_tsp »

may be u can load comctl32.ocx in Dependency walker and see what more dependent files it require...any missing .dll files will be highlighted in red...
necide
Space Cadet

comctl32.ocx

Post by necide »

When you get that error, don't be confused by the fact that you probably already have COMCTL32.DLL. What you NEED is COMCTL32.OCX (the activex control).

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/su ... MCTL32.OCX

That link has instructions that will fix you up in no time. Email me if it goes dead.

edit: Scroll down and start where it says "Alternatively,"...

-necide
BobMcGee
Inquisitive Elf

Post by BobMcGee »

MDZ61384 wrote:hi bob, would you mind giving support for 1024 megs of ram? the value is 0x40000000

I'd also check peargui vs last nights build from richard goodwin, the indexing display values have changed...the index values are no longer supported...values only go from 1-5 now instead of 1-8. hopefully with the new 0.2 advanced/0.3 build of pearpc we'll see 1280 resolution and fullscreen too

great job
I just posted an update with the additional RAM option and the resolution fix. I also setup a web site here:
http://peargui.sphosting.com
MDZ61384
Tinkerer

Post by MDZ61384 »

thank you very much! :)
saber
Space Cadet

Post by saber »

To necide (et all) thank you , very much. It worked.