PearPC 0.2 should be out soon!

[ARCHIVED] About PearPC, a mostly obsolete PPC Mac emulator for Windows and Linux to run MacOS X 10.1 up to 10.4. Using QEMU is now recommended.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

sHARD>>
Inquisitive Elf

PearPC 0.2 should be out soon!

Post by sHARD>> »

Talk on the mailing list shows that a new branch of CVS will be started: 0.3pre, which indicates that 0.2 final should be out in the next couple weeks!

If you haven't already used the CVS builds prepare for a major improvement!
Collaborate with security:
Use WASTE
robojam
Forum All-Star

Post by robojam »

I'm really glad that these guys are taking their time and not doing what most amateur developers do and release something as version 1.0 as soon as they have got it to compile without errors.

I can see this project producing a good solid emulator with a reasonable emulation speed in the not too distant future, so here's hoping that it's not too long before that gets here!
Once you've made something idiot proof, they go and invent a better idiot!
CaptainValor
Forum All-Star

Post by CaptainValor »

I hope the 0.3pre branch integrates SDL, along with right-click and all the other features that aren't included in the current 0.2pre branch.

This is good news, though. It's nice to see an official build released. :)
bonehead
Tinkerer

Post by bonehead »

CaptainValor wrote:I hope the 0.3pre branch integrates SDL, along with right-click and all the other features that aren't included in the current 0.2pre branch.
That'd be nice, but seeing the x86 mmu used for memory access and house keeping -- instead of calling a subroutine for every emulated memory access -- is what I'm most looking forward to.
prasys
Forum All-Star

Post by prasys »

Well , good news to hear then....It will be great to see an offical release...I think the guys over PearPC are doing a good job