Cant read 7.6.1 from HD image???

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Cant read 7.6.1 from HD image???

Post by Guest »

I`m using BII in Windows XP Pro, I created a 500MB HD on BII and started from the system 7 CD and installed it successfully. I then tried to boot without the CD and it asked for the CD and could not find System 7 on the HD image. When it booted from the CD I checked to see if the System folder was in the Mac HD image and it was there. whats the problem?
Mac Emu
Forum All-Star

Post by Mac Emu »

Here's a list of Basilisk II trouble-shooting information that helps out when figuring out what's going on.

Usually the Basilisk II preferences need a little tweaking to get things going properly, or at least it gives me a baseline on how your system is set up. Please attach your BasiliskII_prefs file.

The ROM image checksum is also an indicator of some problems seen on Basilisk II. You can see the ROM checksum on the BasiliskIIGUI's memory tab.

The version of Basilisk II (general tab) can influence a program's behavior.

The Mac OS being used and the Host PC OS can also be a factor in some problems. If you are running System 7.0 which is an older version of the Mac OS, there are probably problems with Basilisk II running it. I would suggest downloading System 7.5.3 from Apple's website and trying it instead: http://mes.emuunlim.com/macemu/basilisk ... ying75.htm