Splittig a hybrid image

About Mini vMac and all other 68k emulators, including SoftMac, Executor, and MESS.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

WizKid
Tinkerer

Splittig a hybrid image

Post by WizKid »

There are several hybrid Mac/PC images on the garden, however Mini vMac can't read them because they're hybrid Mac/PC images.

Is there a utility to split the HFS partition from such image?

Toast 18 has no such feature, though it does correctly differentiate between hybrid and HFS-only images.
DaVyper
Space Cadet

Re: Splittig a hybrid image

Post by DaVyper »

if i remember correctly the only way i found was to just open them in Basilisk II, and then copy the files into a hfs hard drive (file) then used that in either emulator from then on (did this with the CD-Rom Today 'theDisc' issues from the garden a few years ago) you could also do this selectively with stuff likely to run in vMac i guess...

Isobuster I think can see the files but i don't thing it extracts the forks correctly, hfsexplorer is a no go, poweriso/ultraiso i believe sees the partition but i don't think it extracts correctly either. MacImage/MacDisk MIGHT but i'm not willing to buy(i don't pirate) it for >50mb access. or do it on a real mac i guess would be an option too.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Splittig a hybrid image

Post by adespoton »

Another option is to open the file in a hex editor and strip off all the stuff outside the HFS partition. The resulting file should mount as an HFS volume in Mini vMac.