Macintosh game search ?!

Anything about Mac emulation that does not belong in the above categories.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Macintosh game search ?!

Post by Sebiohazard »

Hello everyone !

I've been looking for a game on Apple Macintosh for a long time now but I can't get my hands on it... I remember the following title: "the keeper of knowledge" but Google does not give me anything conclusive... It's a puzzle game to be solved in monochrome...

I know it's little information but if it speaks to someone & they can give me a link to an image a video or even better a download link that would be great 🙂

Thanks in advance !
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Macintosh game search ?!

Post by adespoton »

Have you asked on the Macintosh Garden forums yet? There's a group of people there pretty dedicated to finding old software titles.
Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Post by Sebiohazard »

Hello !

No not asked yet but thank you I'll do it :)

Greetings !
Jorpho
Master Emulator

Post by Jorpho »

The Manhole and System's Twilight are likely candidates.
Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Post by Sebiohazard »

Jorpho wrote: ↑Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:24 pm The Manhole and System's Twilight are likely candidates.
Hello thank you for your suggestions but unfortunately these are not these games...
mossy_11
Inquisitive Elf

Post by mossy_11 »

Can you describe it at all, beyond the fact that it was a black-and-white puzzle game? Maybe you remember some specific moments or characters in the game? Or something about the style of its play (puzzle games come in many different shapes and sizes!).
Author of The Secret History of Mac Gaming — available via http://secrethistoryofmacgaming.com/ — and Shareware Heroes: The renegades who redefined gaming at the dawn of the Internet — available via https://sharewareheroes.com/
Sebiohazard
Mac Mechanic

Post by Sebiohazard »

mossy_11 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:57 am Can you describe it at all, beyond the fact that it was a black-and-white puzzle game? Maybe you remember some specific moments or characters in the game? Or something about the style of its play (puzzle games come in many different shapes and sizes!).
Hello thanks for your interest in coming to my help :) i found a download link here and here thanks to another forum but unfortunately i can't launch the game... maybe you have a solution ?

How to proceed ?

Greetings !
jonirob
Tinkerer

Post by jonirob »

The game runs fine for me on System 6.0.8 in Mini vMac, though the "Geometrie" section asks for the serial number (446.164) to run.