Can I run MacOSXPantherDP?

About Qemu-system-ppc, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, macOS and Linux that can run Mac OS 9.0 up to Mac OS X 10.5

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

wattzXVM
Space Cadet

Can I run MacOSXPantherDP?

Post by wattzXVM »

Hello. I just got MacOSXPantherDP installation images for both disks 1 and 2 (at the Macintosh repository).
However, after the installation is finished on disk1, when I reboot on disk1, it takes me back to the installation screen again. Also, I cannot boot from disk2 or hd. What should I do about this? I am using a MacBookAir2020 with Monterey 12.3 and I am using UTM3. (Because Qemu can't figure out how to swap with disk2 while disk1 is in use)
Cat_7
Expert User

Re: Can I run MacOSXPantherDP?

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

We do not support UTM. It uses Qemu in a different way from the builds we provide. I suggest you ask your question in the UTM forums.

Best,
Cat_7
wattzXVM
Space Cadet

Post by wattzXVM »

Understood. So can I run this through a normal Qemu build? I am not very good with command line, so I did the disk1 install with the default settings, but I still got the same symptoms as with UTM.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

wattzXVM wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:16 am Understood. So can I run this through a normal Qemu build? I am not very good with command line, so I did the disk1 install with the default settings, but I still got the same symptoms as with UTM.
Under vanilla QEMU for macOS, there's the ability via the File menu to add/eject optical disks.

Under UTM, this is done via the main UTM window instead.

In both cases, you eject the initial disk once you're done with it.