Colors in Basilisk II Help

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

Meow2004
Student Driver

Colors in Basilisk II Help

Post by Meow2004 »

question,

I am currently emulating Mac OS 7.1P in Basilisk II, i'm not sure what I did, but the colors are in Black and White.

Graphics Settings:

Video Type: Window
Window Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
Width: 800
Height: 600
Render Driver: Software

I tried looking in the control panels, and the copy I downloaded from Macintosh Garden has no items currently in there.

Let me know if you need any prefs or something else is wonky. Thank you.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Re: Colors in Basilisk II Help

Post by adespoton »

Hmm...
https://apple.fandom.com/wiki/System_7.1P
That's my screenshot from BII there, so it works in colour for me.

I've got modelid 5, cpu 4, rom Quadra650 -- I think those are the only bits that could affect it other than having enough memory. Looks like you've got an incomplete system?

I created my images by running a system restore of an actual Performa 600. They've got all sorts of stuff, including software outside the System folder. I believe the ASR CDs also include a 7.1P image that works. Yours appears to be the utility disk?

If you can't find the rest of the system, you can create the same thing by installing System 7.1 Retail, and then copying the 7.1P stuff over top. However, if your Control Panel folder is empty, that means you're missing Launcher and the other Performa-specific control panels.