Iraq Attack

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Iraq Attack

Post by starfiretbt »

I played a game when I was young called "Iraq Attack" https://macintoshgarden.org/games/iraq-attack but the game runs too fast in Basilisk II. I have heard people say it can run in Fusion but I really don't want to have to learn how to set up and use a new emulator just for one game. Is there any setup of basilisk that slows down the game enough to play?
There is an old post talking about this at viewtopic.php?t=5940&hilit=iraq+attack but it looks like they didn't find a solution and I was wondering if anybody has since then. I assume it's not correct to revive an old thread so I felt it was best to start a new one. I have tried software that slows down programs (which is what they suggested) and it worked a little bit but nowhere near enough to make the game playable. I used cheat engine and it's speed hack ability.
jonirob
Tinkerer

Re: Iraq Attack

Post by jonirob »

it plays well in Mini vMac Macintosh II (16 culours). You can alter the speed by pressing ctrl+S and selecting your speed from there.

P.S.

It's also playable in Executor for DOS, running on MS-DOS 6.22 in 86Box, with VGA graphics.
starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Post by starfiretbt »

I have minivmac 2 in color but none in 16 bit color, and the only color choices are color or black and white. I was given 3 files with 256, thousands, and millions of colors. I think I was having trouble getting minivmac 2 to work and someone was kind enough to just give me three working models of minivmac. I have the system 6 disc setup just fine.
I don't suppose you would be kind enough to donate a 16bit color version of minivmac? I have forgotten how I originally set it up in the first place.
jonirob
Tinkerer

Post by jonirob »

No problem, give me your email address and I'll mail it to you.
starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Post by starfiretbt »

I was hoping you could post it here in the chat, I'm worried that if I post an email spammers might target me. I believe that was how the last people helped me. However I understand that a beggar can't be a chooser so if you can't post it here then I will give my email.

EDIT: By the way I meant "I believe that was how the last people helped me" was referring to them posting in the forum, not me getting spam.
jonirob
Tinkerer

Post by jonirob »

I've sent you a private message.
starfiretbt
Mac Mechanic

Post by starfiretbt »

I got your file, it works perfectly, Iraq Attack works perfectly, Thank you!