Problem With Sound Glitches In SheepShaver

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

OldyTheOld
Space Cadet

Problem With Sound Glitches In SheepShaver

Post by OldyTheOld »

Hello

I am Having a Problem With Sheepshaver That Whenever I Run a Copy Of Prince Of Persia 2 It Gets Slower and The Sound Glitches Can Someone Tell Me Why?

Guest Computer Specs:MAC OS 9.0.4 1 gb Of Hard Disk Space And 512 Mb Of Ram

Cheers

OldyTheOld
Roblox Addict.
Kel_Solaar
Space Cadet

Re: Problem With Sound Glitches In SheepShaver

Post by Kel_Solaar »

I'm having the same issue. Also can't find a way to bump the screen size up too.
Last edited by Kel_Solaar on Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kel_Solaar
Space Cadet

Post by Kel_Solaar »

OldyTheOld wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:52 pm Hello

I am Having a Problem With Sheepshaver That Whenever I Run a Copy Of Prince Of Persia 2 It Gets Slower and The Sound Glitches Can Someone Tell Me Why?

Guest Computer Specs:MAC OS 9.0.4 1 gb Of Hard Disk Space And 512 Mb Of Ram

Cheers

OldyTheOld
Hey, have you tried running it using different settings. I've tried via Windows - Sheepshaver - Mac OS 8.1. Same problem.
OldyTheOld
Space Cadet

Post by OldyTheOld »

Hi.

I tried it on Mac OS 8 and 7same problem. I also tried using 1 gigs of ram instead of 512 mb and nothing changed.
Roblox Addict.
almeath
Mac Mechanic

Post by almeath »

OldyTheOld wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:50 am Hi.

I tried it on Mac OS 8 and 7same problem. I also tried using 1 gigs of ram instead of 512 mb and nothing changed.
I tried for a long time to get Prince of Persia 2 working in SheepShaver, but found that it performs best under Mini vMac.

I have used the following configuration with success under both a MacOS and Windows x64 build, running the game under System 7.1.

This is the specific build configuration (Windows x64):

Code: Select all

-br 36 -t wx64 -m II -hres 512 -vres 384 -fullscreen 1 -var-fullscreen 0 -mf 3 -magnify 1 -sony-tag 1 -sony-sum 1 -iid 1 -ccs -speed 4 -emm 0
Note: Prince of Persia 2 seems to use a non-standard resolution for the intro credits (i.e. a Mac II at 512x384), see my comment here (dated 19 February 2017):

https://macintoshgarden.org/games/prince-of-persia-2

Basically, if you use Mini vMac to run the game, under the 512x384 resolution, you can avoid the corrupted graphics in the credits, which affect it in SheepShaver and Basilisk II.

If anyone wants a copy of my pre-installed image and build of Mini vMac for this game, just drop me a private message. It is for Windows, but I also have a backup of my MacOS version that was working fine up to and including Sonoma.
OldyTheOld
Space Cadet

Post by OldyTheOld »

almeath wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:55 am
OldyTheOld wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:50 am Hi.

I tried for a long time to get Prince of Persia 2 working in SheepShaver, but found that it performs best under Mini vMac.

I have used the following configuration with success under both a MacOS and Windows x64 build, running the game under System 7.1.

This is the specific build configuration (Windows x64):

Code: Select all

-br 36 -t wx64 -m II -hres 512 -vres 384 -fullscreen 1 -var-fullscreen 0 -mf 3 -magnify 1 -sony-tag 1 -sony-sum 1 -iid 1 -ccs -speed 4 -emm 0
Note: Prince of Persia 2 seems to use a non-standard resolution for the intro credits (i.e. a Mac II at 512x384), see my comment here (dated 19 February 2017):

https://macintoshgarden.org/games/prince-of-persia-2

Basically, if you use Mini vMac to run the game, under the 512x384 resolution, you can avoid the corrupted graphics in the credits, which affect it in SheepShaver and Basilisk II.

If anyone wants a copy of my pre-installed image and build of Mini vMac for this game, just drop me a private message. It is for Windows, but I also have a backup of my MacOS version that was working fine up to and including Sonoma.
The game's controls uses Ctrl or Control to use the sword but pressing Ctrl on Mini vMac opens up the control menu instead.
Roblox Addict.
almeath
Mac Mechanic

Post by almeath »

OldyTheOld wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:30 am The game's controls uses Ctrl or Control to use the sword but pressing Ctrl on Mini vMac opens up the control menu instead.
You can use the emulated 'control' toggle in Mini vMac.

So, it would be:

Draw sword = control + k

Use sword = alt key (on standard US keyboard)

Sheath sword = k (only when sword is drawn, otherwise k activates crouch)

It is a bit awkward, but it works.

It is a shame that PoP 2 never supported custom key configuration.
adespoton
Forum All-Star

Post by adespoton »

almeath wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:43 am
OldyTheOld wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 3:30 am The game's controls uses Ctrl or Control to use the sword but pressing Ctrl on Mini vMac opens up the control menu instead.
You can use the emulated 'control' toggle in Mini vMac.

So, it would be:

Draw sword = control + k

Use sword = alt key (on standard US keyboard)

Sheath sword = k (only when sword is drawn, otherwise k activates crouch)

It is a bit awkward, but it works.

It is a shame that PoP 2 never supported custom key configuration.
Mini vMac requires a re-compile, but does support custom key configuration, so you can move the hot key from being control to something else (like fn control).