New Basilisk II/JIT for Windows - 22 November 2005

About BasiliskII, a 68k Mac emulator for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux that can run System 7.x through MacOS 8.1.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg

robertmo
Student Driver

New Basilisk II/JIT for Windows - 22 November 2005

Post by robertmo »

Downloads
Basilisk II: http://gibix.net/projects/basilisk2/fil ... .win32.zip
SDL.dll: http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.9-win32.zip
GTK+ 2.6.8: http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/modul ... php?lid=81

Fullscreen is back :)
And selecting your own resolution is back too (most games uses 640x400 - that resolution was not available with the previous version)
And the new GUI compatible with the new version :)

Prince of Persia I - works fine with correct sound and music. The screen makes a blue flash often without a reason.

Prince of Persia II - still has too slow cutscenes and too slow background music :(
I think it may have something to do with:
WARNING: RmvTime(01f8852c): Descriptor not found
(by the way - with this version the game works only with cpu 68020, and crushes basilisk instantly with 68030 and 68040)

Prince of Persia II Demo - cutscenes and music are with proper speed

There is also something wrong with drawing top menu while playing games (it was ok with the previous version).
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

is PoP all you care about or does it mean that anything else works fine?
CFran2
Mac Mechanic

Post by CFran2 »

btw it's not working for me, when I launch BasiliskII.exe, nothing happens, and when I click start in the GUI, nothing happens either (except when i didnt have the cd driver in the drivers folder, it told me so and then did nothing at all)
danq989
Space Cadet

Post by danq989 »

Wow, this version is much faster and more compatible than the last version I tested (which may have had the JIT disabled).

Running System 7.5, I can useNetscape 2.02 and Maelstron 1.4.3 with good stability, which I could with the old build 141(?) release but not with the first SDL build.

Keep up the great work, and if BII is being updated again, I can only hope there's a new build of the Windows port of Sheepshaver coming soon!

---DanQ
The Balance Of Judgement
Apple Corer

Post by The Balance Of Judgement »

I downloaded and tried this but it refuses to boot from my 7.5.3 CD even though I selected "Boot from CD' in the prefs.

Any other ideas? The old Prefs editor had more options when it came to CD-ROM etc.
sshrugg
Inquisitive Elf

Neat

Post by sshrugg »

Hey, all! This thing works really well, thank you so much for the update!

It booted fine off of the 7.5.3 disk image I had sitting around from the other basilisk, and performs really really well! Granted I have a pretty tough machine, but the graphics don't even drag that much.

The only issue I have is with CDs. I tried to test out the CD drive emulation with my Alone in the Dark CD. It doesn't mount. I made sure that I wasn't mounting my CD drive in my computer, then even turned my computer off. cdenable is installed. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!