Login  •  Register

The time is now: Sun May 26, 2019 12:59 am

Emaculation wiki  •  Delete all board cookies

Print view Previous topic  |  Next topic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:10 am 
Space Cadet

And so you may wonder why I said goodbye. You may wonder why I chose to stop using PearPC and get rid of Tiger.

Pear PC to me is nothing but a thing of the past. With the original programmers totally missing in action and administrators only showing support more than providing it, Pear PC to me is slowly growing more obsolete.

While most PearPC users still continue to emulate OS X versions of Panther and even Tiger, many others engaged in emulating Leopard. How?

PearPC can't stand up to Leopard. Even on numerous redscorp builds or ridiculous G4 emulation, it just bring tears to your eyes. VMWare Workstation has the nerve to take on Leopard (and maybe even Snow Leopard) and seems to be more up-to-date. Though VMWare is not open-source, it still gets the job done.

If you want to continue emulating Jaguar, Panther, or even Tiger, stick with Pear PC. But if you want to be more up-to-date and stand up to Leopard, you'll have to throw Pear PC out the window - and I'm afraid that is what I'll have to do.

Don't worry about Basilisk II and Sheepshaver, they rule the simplicity of Mac OS 7 to 9 - I can always keep that. ^_^

Reply with quote Post a reply  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:52 am 
Site Admin

I don't know anything about using VMWARE in this way (or at all). Do you have any links to guides for that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:21 pm 
Space Cadet

Last time I checked, it was widely shared on a bittorrent website, just for beginners. Here's a guide:

http://pcwizcomputer.com/index.php?Item ... &task=view

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:21 pm 
Apple Corer

Ah, Hackintosh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:16 pm 
Space Cadet

I have tried out Leopard on Vmware, very slow and choppy, unresponsive. Internet was working however, but to the tune of 1/2 of my regular speed (not complaining b/c i was still getting 500kbps).

Don't know if I did something wrong or needed to tweak, but it wasn't worth it other than a novelty at the moment.