no libintl-8.dll

About SheepShaver, a PPC Mac emulator for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that can run System 7.5.3 to MacOS 9.0.4.

Moderators: Cat_7, Ronald P. Regensburg, ClockWise

nucfarm
Space Cadet

no libintl-8.dll

Post by nucfarm »

running the GUI this file not found
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Re: no libintl-8.dll

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Which GUI on what host system?
nucfarm
Space Cadet

Post by nucfarm »

sheepshaver on windows xp
Ronald P. Regensburg
Expert User

Post by Ronald P. Regensburg »

Did you follow the SheepShaver for Windows setup guide? Specifically, did you install the recommended GTK +2 Runtime?
nucfarm
Space Cadet

Post by nucfarm »

Not sure what GTK is but I followed the documentation to download, unzip, put certain files in the folder. then missing one .dll found it online put it infolder then this missing DLL message came up.
I will investigate this GTK thing
thanks
nucfarm
Space Cadet

Post by nucfarm »

Hi I just installed the
gtk+2 runtime. restarted and still cannot get past the no libintl-8.dll found when trying to run the GUI. I have my MAC OS 8 CD in the CD reader (of course it is a windows machine)

the gtk asked me for which language I wanted and I selected English. all options were listed
the sheephaver folder is on the desktop. any suggestions why or where the missing .dll is or can be found. google searches just leads to websites which want to scour your computer and sell you clean up services.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Hi,

Problems with dll files not found often have to do with the fact that you didn't (or you didn't allow the installer to) set the correct path to the files. Did you install the suggested version of GTK? http://www.emaculation.com/sheepshaver/ ... -setup.exe ?

I assume you installed the suggested GTK+ runtime in C:\GTK. If so, please check whether the paths have been set correctly:
Right click My Computer
Select Properties
Click Advanced
Click Environment Variables
Check whether the paths below show up under System Variables.

If not, or when they are incorrect, please set the paths to the GTK files as follows:

GTK_BASEPATH C:\GTK

INCLUDE C:\GTK\INCLUDE;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\GTK-2.0;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\GLIB-2.0;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\PANGO-1.0;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\CAIRO;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\ATK-1.0;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\GTKGLEXT-1.0;C:\GTK\LIB\GTK-2.0\INCLUDE;C:\GTK\LIB\GLIB-2.0\INCLUDE;C:\GTK\LIB\GTKGLEXT-1.0\INCLUDE;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\LIBGLADE-2.0;C:\GTK\INCLUDE\LIBXML2;

LIB C:\GTK\LIB

If the paths are not there, do this by clicking New, then in the New System Variable dialogue enter the first part of the lines above at Variable name, and the second part of the lines above at Variable value (you have to enter the three variable names and variable values in three separate times. So enter the first pair, and click OK. Then click New again, and enter the second pair, etc.)

If the paths are already there, please check whether they are correct. If not, change them according to the location where you installed GTK. (Double click the Variable name and then change the Variable value in the Edit System Value dialogue.

Best,
Cat_7
nucfarm
Space Cadet

Post by nucfarm »

Thanks I will try to check or set the environmental variables. I presume the missing .dll files are in the GTK program?
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

Yes it is part of the GTK program. The dll is part of the language translation option.
However, in my installation I can't find the .dll. So I assume you installed a different version, or that I didn't install the international/language translations.

Best,
Cat_7
julieandreas
Space Cadet

Post by julieandreas »

Hello I have the same problem but I dont really understand this part:
If the paths are not there, do this by clicking New, then in the New System Variable dialogue enter the first part of the lines above at Variable name, and the second part of the lines above at Variable value (you have to enter the three variable names and variable values in three separate times. So enter the first pair, and click OK. Then click New again, and enter the second pair, etc.)
I dont know what is considered as first pair, like the whole thing three times or should I split it somehow? Also what should I do with the last thing
LIB C:\GTK\LIB
Thank you very much for help.
Cat_7
Expert User

Post by Cat_7 »

I don't know your host system, but if you are running windows 10 or 11, you are betting off running a recent SheepShaver build.

Find them here: viewtopic.php?t=5325
and read the guide here: https://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sheepshaver_setup

Best,
Cat_7